Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 7 years ago

do i defrost bacon in the package?

its frozen is it ok to put it in the microwave on defrost while still in the package? will it burn my house down?

• BBG
    Favorite Answer

I just put the whole package in some warm water in an oblong baking dish. It thaws really quickly....maybe 15-20 minutes. It's cured meat in a sealed package...it ain't going to kill anyone.

And then when it's thawed I put some foil in that dish, lay the bacon out and bake it at 400 for about 20 minutes. You get PERFECTLY cooked bacon, nice flat pieces with no splattery mess and when the fat cools you just roll up that foil and toss it in the trash.

Don't ruin the food of the gods with the microwave.

Bacon. It should be it's own food group. Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom....

P.S. If you don't want the whole pound or 20 oz. you can put 4-5 pieces in ziplock bags and put it in the freezer when you buy it. Same thawing and cooking method applies.

I usually put it in the fridge the day before I plan to cook it.

And rather than frying it, I put it on a pan lined with aluminum foil and bake it in the toaster oven--there's less of a mess and it doesn't curl up like it does in a frying pan.

I do it and i'm alive and my house has never burned down. Maybe poke a couple holes in the plastic first.

yes it is ok just not for too long. half and half is what i do