Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

IRS Email: Why do Americans find it "hard" to believe Lois Lerner's & six of her subordinate's hard drives crashed simultaneously?

... along with the hard drives of all the recipients, too. And, all backup/archive files simultaneously became non-functional.

On June 20, 2014, the smirking IRS Commissioner, John Koskinen, said the following the the U.S. Congress:

"I'm advised the actual hard drive, after it was determined that it was dysfunctional and that, with experts, no emails could be retrieved, was recycled then destroyed in the normal process."

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't believe in coincidence.

Email is not stored locally on the hard drive of a computer. It is stored on an email server - which means these emails are still out there somewhere. The federal government, I'm sure, is required to have redundant backups for a certain time period.

These emails are probably lied about and hidden because they know that it will show that the White House bullied Tea Party groups to influence the outcome of an election.

• 7 years ago

I know several people who have recycled pc's, and know lots were sent to India in the past. Heck if the NSA listens in to phone calls I'm sure there's someone out there monitoring emails and maybe has kept from their days at the IRS or who could track down those pc's. And techs tell us things on a pc can be retrieved if you give them a few bucks. Their story is like swiss cheese, full of holes.

• 7 years ago

Every business in the USA has to have stored emails for so many years at another location. It is the law. The emails must be capable of being retrieved easily.

So this story of a hard drive on a computer is ridiculous. They do not store emails on the hard drive, they are stored in the main frame, and then archived in a safe place.

Your own computer does not store emails if you have google, or yahoo, or any other provider. They are all stored elsewhere at the perspective site.

So this story is not only bogus, its absurd!

• 7 years ago

Unless Lois Lerner is a clairvoyant, the idea that she deleted emails on June 13 to cover up behavior she didn’t even learn about until June 29 is simply preposterous

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sucka
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

What the IRS never heard of Carbonite, backup files, or the cloud. Why not keep the hard drives for 7 years like the IRS tells tax payers. They should also go inspect Elijah Cummings hard drive. Any times his name is mentioned expect corruption.

• 7 years ago

All I can say is that my daughter took her computer to "the experts" at a store "Geek Squad" for repairs and when they had finished with it, they had erased her entire hard drive and deleted all her documents, music, pictures and her writings. They wiped it clean by accident. So you see even people who are called experts can screw up things without meaning to. OOPS and sorry was all they could say and she could never retrieve any of the stuff they lost. So much for fixing the computer.

• 7 years ago

It's more than just "hard to believe".

A few weeks after her hard drive "crashed", the IRS cancelled their contract with the Sonasoft, the e-mail storage company they had been using for years...then 6 other IRS hard drives mysteriously "crashed" as well!!

• 7 years ago

Actually, I just don't care because the accusations they're under are ludicrous to start with.

You see, I don't regard the Tea Party as a sacrosanct patriotic movement aimed at wresting freedom from the hands of a tyrannical government; it's more of a lobby group for billionaires to funnel money in while spurring on the local crazies.

And they launched a campaign aimed at taking advantage of a horrific Orwellian Supreme Court decision and to suddenly flood the IRS with demands to be recognized as political charities.

This is the equivalent of cruising at night in a beat-down car at 3 A.M., in a nice neighborhood, going around and around at 7 MPH until some squad car decides to ask you some questions, and then acting indignant when they do.

The scandal here is that the government no longer even has the courage to support its public service. This is exactly the sort of thing that should interest public investigators.

• L.T.M.
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Everyone, left and right knows they're lying but the left doesn't give a damn. Just like when election fraud goes their way.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

because too many "coincidences" add up to a blatant attempt to destroy evidence & perpetrate a continued coverup to protect other individuals in government who misused the IRS to attack political enemies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.