Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 6 years ago

What are some good books?

I'm trying to think of some new books to read. I really like sci-fi/ fantasy (Michael Vey, Maximum Ride, Percy Jackson, exc.) I'd prefer they were clean (minimal curse words, appropriate plot/ conversation). Also if you could put what they were about, that'd be great

• Lauren
    Favorite Answer

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Way better than the movie)

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (Sci-fi comedy)

Going Postal by Terry Pratchett (A con artist is forced to revive the city's post office)

Assassins of Tamurin by S.D. Tower (An orphan girl is taken into a spy academy)

Legacies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edgehill (An orphan girl with magic is taken to an academy where she finds out the students are being picked off one by one)

Sabriel by Garth Nix (A girl finds out her father is dead and is forced to take over as a kind of guardian necromancer)

Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith (A girl is forced to fight against the corrupt kingdom to save her province)

Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce (A noble girl becomes a slave and makes a bet with a god to protect a family that's on the outs with the crazed king)

Mediator series by Meg Cabot (A girl who can see ghosts deals with them, the worst being the hot one that lives in her bedroom.)

Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling (A girl in Ireland gets involved with the Fae court)

You should try reading The Lord of the Rings. It is a great book that I have read every single goddamn year since I was 11. You gotta read that trilogy. If you've never heard of it, it's about two very short people who go on an adventure to a mountain with a little weedy rodent-like creature, called "Gollum." It is one ****** up story. There are black men on horses, and dragons, and a lot of fights in caves and in the middle of fields. There's even an army of GHOSTS. I'm not kidding you. Read that ****. I mean it.