Steam Download stuck in queued list?

I recently purchased Age of Empires 3 via steam. The download went smoothly at first, but at around 80% it stopped and said "queued for download". I went into the downloads and tried to resume the download but every time I clicked to raise it in the queue order it started downloading for a second or two then went back as queued. I deleted and reinstalled three times and also tried the flushconfig trick in the run bar, but neither of those helped. Is there something on my end I can do or is this on the steam server end?

Favorite Answer

open the library (where all your games are)

right click on Age of Empires 3, select Properties, local Files, verify integrity of game cache.

this should sort out any issues that may have occurred if the download became corrupt, the download should then resume.

during sales there is sometimes an overload on certain servers, so try changing server, at the top in steam click 'Steam' (top left) and select settings, Downloads, change the Download Region to the next one closest to you.