How can God blame us for not believing in him?

We have a 2000 year old book that doesn't make any sense. Because it doesn't make sense, we have his followers divided in approximately 41.000 denominations who all claim to have it right. If you don't believe me check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_den... (2nd sentence in 3rd paragraph)

Other then what christianity gives us, we have tons of other religions who are 100% sure they have it right.

We do NOT have any observable evidence that a God might exist.

Religion requires us to stop thinking for ourselves and accept an old book as the truth, worship God and give money to the church we belong too. If a non believer would see this, he/she would get the impression that religious authorities are trying to control them.

If God would exist, he would look like a very hateful God and not a loving one. Yeah, i know. ''For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son.'' It sounds really nice and all, but lets think about why he would give his son.. He himself created evil and will throw billions of people in hell if they do not believe in him and worship him. If God is real and omnipotent, why create satan? Why not let us be born with him in heaven? He knew what would happen.

How can God blame us? If he is real, why doesn't he reveal himself in an observable way? Why require us to believe a 2000 year old book that is corrupted by religious folks who wanted to control their own people?

It doesn't make sense.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Do you acknowledge that Jews exist?

2) Where did the Jews originate from?

3) What foreshadowings/fulfilled prophecies do you know about?

Do you know that the Jewish Bible (Tanakh) is actually the Old Testament in the Holy Bible?

So the Jews are people who have descended from Judah one of the twelve tribes of Israel. Genesis 29:35 She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “This time I will praise the LORD.” So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children. NIV

Fulfilled prophecy is the biggest reason I am a believer.

God gave the world proof through fulfilled prophecy.

Prophecy is stating what will happen in the future and then having it happen.

King David descended from the tribe of Judah. The Messiah is to be a descendant of the tribe of Judah. The Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem. The Messiah was to come out of Egypt. The Messiah was to be born of a virgin. The Messiah was to have his clothing go to those who cast lots for them. All of this was fulfilled by Jesus. No one else has fulfilled the prophecy of the Tanakh. These prophecies were given hundreds of years before the coming of Jesus. And they all happened!

The Bible ACCURATELY foreshadows Jesus in the following ways:

The Passover lamb died on the 14th of Nisan. Its' blood was placed on the door frames of the Israelites homes to protect the Israelites from the angel of death and the plague of the first born males. Those that had faith that the blood of the lamb would save them (the Israelites) were protected from physical death. The Egyptians, who did not have faith in the blood, died. No bones were to be broken on the Passover lamb.

Jesus, the true Passover Lamb, died on the 14th of Nisan. Those who have faith in the blood of Jesus to save them will be spared spiritual death. Those who do not believe will suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire. No bones were broken on Jesus.

Many other prophecies/foreshadowings occurred. Jesus is the truth.

John 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

John 3:15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. NIV

Biblical prophecy tells that in the End Times the Jews will finally see that Jesus is the Messiah and repent and He will be their Lord and Savior.

Have you heard of the Isaiah 9:10 prophecy fulfilled by politicians Tom Daschel, John Edwards, and Barack Obama? The book "The Harbinger" or the DVD "The Isaiah 9:10 Prophecy" has the information regarding this. I recommend the DVD since you can watch the videos of the prophecy being fulfilled.

You now see the proof. For your own sake, will you please see if what I typed is true. If it is, turn to God for all who truly seek Him will find Him and eternal life. Jesus died so believers could be saved from their sins.

Always seek the truth.

The Torah is the first five books of the Bible. The Tanakh is the Hebrew Bible/ Jewish Bible. The books are in a different order than the Old Testament.

God Bless

• 6 years ago

A couple things...

You mentioned the age of the bible a couple times. If it's true, what difference does it make how old it is?

@denominations comment: anyone can make any kind of denomination whether legitimate or not. So the 41k is not surprising. What scripture tells us is that it is "adequate" for believers (2Tim 3:17). Meaning, although we don't have all the answers, we have what's necessary for salvation. Maybe God just felt that we could only handle the basics.

@other religions comment: a person's certainty of the truthfulness of their faith doesn't make their belief any more true. The fact that Hindu's are 100% sure of the truthfulness of Hinduism doesn't take anything away from the truthfulness of Jesus Christ. Since they reject Christ, they're just wrong. And of course they feel the same way about me; but religions are exclusive so that's to be expected.

@no observable evidence: Scripture tells us that creation itself is sufficient for knowing that God exists (Romans 1). On top of that, we have the life of Jesus Christ, the testimony of those who followed Him and were martyred for refusing to lie about what they witnessed. We also have God's word in scripture which, though has been critiqued and challenged for hundreds of years, still holds as accurate. We have extrabiblical arguments for the existence of God such as the Moral, Ontological, Teleological, & Cosmological arguments. We have universal & immaterial laws governing our universe (such as the law of non-contradiction). I could go on and on. There's plenty of evidence there. It's just a matter of what the listener chooses to do with it...

@creating evil: God created man with free-will. It was man's choice to choose to do evil. God punishing people by sending them to hell is only Him giving people what they deserve. It's no different than a courtroom judge sending a murderer to prison for life. It's justice.

Why doesn't God reveal Himself? He did. In the person of Jesus Christ. He doesn't need to show up in front of every person in order for them to believe in Him. He's not obligated to do anything or save anyone (this is God we're talking about). The fact that He's gracious enough to even save some is awesome. That choice is yours to make. You can accept God's grace and the free salvation He offers you (free because He paid the punishment for your sins on the cross). If not, you're stuck paying the price for your own sin in Hell. Repent and follow Christ. It's that easy.

• 6 years ago

Don't try to understand the nature of the universe - it is truly beyond anyone's comprehension or knowledge. The fact is, all of the energy that exists came from the big bang millions of years ago. Therefore, we, and everything that has ever lived, comes from that one moment. Focus on that, and let that be the source of compassion to others. There will never be a time that it all makes sense.

• !!!
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

I understand your frustration. I felt the same way at one time. In adam and eves time how many religions were there? Just one.

After the flood of noah, there was only one religion, where worship was going to one God.

Where did it go wrong? In noahs time it started going off track with nimrod. Genesis 10:9

But thats not the big picture. Someone today and throughout history has made great effort to make bible understanding very difficult to understand. Mostly because they were proven wrong that God is the rightful ruler for mankind. Genesis 3:1-5, John 8:44

Understanding the bible is suppose to be easy. Jehovah God wants everybody to know who he is and to have peace with him. 1 Timothy 2:4, 1 Corinthians 5:20

Satan the devil is the source of mankinds problems and the reason for all the confusion. 2 Corinthians 4:4, revelation 12:9

Heres what is going to be done about it......

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/wha...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

I don't believe in any God connected to the Bible.I don't think such a supposedly all loving being would condemn thousands of people to Hell just because they don't believe everything they read.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You should really lay off of God. He doesn't want to give y

• 6 years ago

God keeps his promises God promised man dominion over all the animals on earth. There is not one animal on earth that man does not have dominion over. God promised Israel if they would worship idols that he would destroy them and send them all over the earth and in latter times he will bring them back to Israel. This has happened. God promised man that he will live 120 years man lives to 120 years. God promised if you honor your father and mother you will live a long life. Japan culture honor their parents has the longest life span on earth

God promised a suffering servant that will take away the sins of the world This is Jesus Christ Isaiah 53

Jesus Christ promised that when he returns it will be like the days of Noah

• PEACE
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

That's why the Abrahamic god is so cruel. He gives us brains then punishes us for using them.

• Al
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

God doesn't blame us. The people who wrote the Bible blame us for not believing their childish lies.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

*IF* a real god existed and he wanted me to know he existed, he would know exactly how to convince me he existed<>*IF* he wanted me to know he existed<>The very fact he hasn't convinced me results in one of two assumptions<>Either he doesn't care OR

He is imaginary<>Guess which I think ;)

*IF* a real god existed and he wanted me to know he existed, he would know exactly how to convince me he existed... *IF* he wanted me to know he existed.

The very fact he hasn't convinced me results in one of two assumptions...

Either he doesn't care OR

He is imaginary.

Guess which I think ;)

~

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.