Lisa asked in SportsBaseball · 6 years ago

Clayton Kershaw vs Adam wainwright who wins?

I think adam who do you think

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Here's all you need to know: 2 vs. 0.

That's the number of Cy Young Awards Kershaw has won compared to the awards that Wainwright has won. The debate ends there, but let's take it a little further just for sh!ts and giggles.

Wainwright is 99-57 through his first 8 seasons with a 3.15 ERA. He's averaged 164.1 innings pitched in those 8 years.

Kershaw is 77-46 through his first 6 seasons with a 2.60 ERA. He's averaged 196.2 innings pitched in those 6 years.

Taking it a little further, Kershaw has a lower WHIP than Wainwright and more strikeouts even though Wainwright has thrown about 170 more innings in his career. Wainwright's pitched 2 more years but has the same number of career shutouts as Kershaw, and Kershaw has thrown a no-hitter while Wainwright hasn't.

Wainwright is a great pitcher but Kershaw is elite and the best in the game right now.

• 6 years ago

I'm a cards fan, but on most days Kershaw will beat Wainwright. Both are great pitchers, but Kershaw is 1960s good.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Kershaw is light years ahead of Wainwright

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

OP nailed it. Wainwright is a fine pitcher but nobody is better than Kershaw. He's like the Second Coming of Sandy Koufax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gregg
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Kershaw. I'm a Dodgers fan.

• 6 years ago

Kershaw is better. Best in the game

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.