Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 5 years ago

Why did President Obama appoint Lois Lerner to be Director of Exempt Organizations at IRS back in 2006?

Here is the original IRS press release announcing the appointment of Lois Lerner as Director of IRS, dated December 22, 2005:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Lois-G.-Lerner-Selected-as-...

My question is: Did Obama appoint Lois Lerner back in 2006 because he was already planning to target organizations that he disagreed with? I mean, why ELSE would Obama have appointed such a person to that high-level role at IRS?

Follow up question, genius conservatives who have already answered this question: Who was President in 2006, when Lois Lerner was appointed?

Best Answer

Yes, OK. alright already. Bill Ayers bribed Bush Jr. officials in '06, to appoint LOis Lang Lerner to that lofty position. THey knew there would be a Tea Party in America's future too.

• Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

You're the only person who saw the obvious flaw in the question.

• Jay

Well, from the press release: “Her integrity, skills and judgment are exceptional and will allow us to continue to provide improved service and enhanced enforcement of the tax laws.”

And: “Lois’s background, including her work for the Federal Election Commission, qualifies her for this new assignment.”

In other words, based on the press release, it looks like she was appointed because she had experience in doing the RIGHT thing. Nothing in the press release suggests that she'd be someone who would target.

Plus, of course, it wasn't Obama that appointed her.

Which is, of course, the answer you were looking for. Smart of you to make this look like a question coming from a conservative.

• Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

Oh, you figured out my sinister plan! I was hoping you would read the press release and notice the standard language they put in press releases, and want you to believe Obama was lying when he made that appointment BACK IN 2006!

Obama didn't take office until January 2009. Apparently he went back in time. I think he also started the Vietnam war.

Your small little mind is incapable of understanding in-depth reasoning and logic. When Obama signed law by democrats to give the IRS billions in additional funds, you don't think they were kissing obamas assss to keep the money train flowing. My gawd you are fvcking retarded.

You can take your thumbs down and shove it asshole.. I stated truth.

let Congress sort it out. i don't care about Lois Lerner. you (anti-Obamites) post on her and Benghazi every time and right now honestly i've had my fill.

The President doesn't appoint underlings. If she was appointed by anyone, it would have been by someone in the office of the Commissioner of the IRS. She was a transfer from the FEC, where she had worked for several years. Her tenure would have bridged several presidencies.

It's incredible to me that with the exception of one answer, all answers to this question assume that in fact, President Obama appointed Lois Lerner in 2006. Obama wasn't President in 2006.

The public is even more gullible than I thought.

• Jon3 years agoReport

I believe they're being sarcastic

• Sandy

She's a socialist radical just like he is. He probably knew or heard about her from her writings or something. He only gives important positions to people who think (crazy and unAmerican) like he does.

• Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

Jay--Excellent point! The whole purpose of this question was to make you read the press release so you could learn why Obama appointed her BACK IN 2006!

He did it solely to piss you off. Really. Now shuddup and quit wasting our time.

• Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

Yeah, Obama was already trying to piss people off back in 2006, when, as President, he made this appointment.

Yes. This is just like what Nixon did.

• Lv 4
      5 years agoReport

Excellent point! Just like Nixon took over the IRS back in 1964.