Anonymous

Would you rather live in Mexico or the Philippines?

Which of the two is more developed?

Favorite Answer

Mexico

-

Mexico is more developed. According to a list of countries by HDI, Mexico has a high HDI with 100+ points more than the Philippines. In fact, it's just under becoming a country with very high HDI. It would need about 30 more points.

also, the Philippines is in this list of most dangerous countries for Americans[ http://www.examiner.com/article/the-dangerous-doze... ]. It says something about Mexico at the beginning, but it also says that most American deaths in Mexico are from drowning or alcohol, not murder.

• Adrian

Lennox's mouth is a 3rd world toilet....

I'd pick Mexico. I think it's closest to your American culture, not far from the US, it has beautiful places to live and visit and it's more developed. Yes it's violent and dangerous in some places but then again so is the Philippines. Write a pros and cons list. Decide that way...

Mexico.

• Alex

I'd say Mexico because I can speak the language, but I don't know if it's safe. I bet Mexico City is safe

• Alex

Mexico. More things to do and I can understand some Spanish.

Mexico. Since they have white Europeans living there.

mexico

Id rather live in a garbage can somewhere in America.

Source(s): ***mexico still has half the population in extreme poverty and we have 11 million of their poor living illegally in the usa. Mexico has women still being murdered and raped especially in Juarez. Mexico's economy is mixed with the mafia.