How to get my parents not to move?

my parents want to move far away from where we live now, but i don't want to. my dad says he has a better paying job there. we've been here for about 5 years now, and i really don't want to make that change, and also because there is a school here, and i was really looking forward to going there. i want to stay with my friends. help

6 Answers

Relevance
  • G R
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Your parents probably don't really want to pack up an move either, but they probably have to.

It is stressful on EVERYONE to move even your parents. They too are leaving friends and a place that they like. Packing and unpacking and everything else that is involved with moving that you are probably not even aware of is stressful and a real pain.

If your father mentioned he got a higher paying job, that is great news not just for him but for your family. Your parents probably can't financially afford to stay where they are.

You will survive this and it might end up in even a better situation. Life can be an adventure and the experience can be what YOU make it.

• boj
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Its there decision to move or not. Since it will provide a better life for everyone don't act like a spoiled brat & ruin it by complaining, just go along with it. You can always go back & visit friends.

• 6 years ago

You can not stop them. Better paying jobs are hard to come by, and he is trying to do what is best over all, especially with the ability to provide for you. Just take a deep breath, and cope with it as best you can.

• Sassy
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

You may want to stay, but if your father has already given his notice at his job and accepted another one then he will no longer have a job here. By the time the parents tell the children the job has already been accepted and moving is what they plan on doing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Get a job that pays six figures and give your entire paycheck to your parents.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Welcome to the real world Natalie,I went to 13 schools,before I was 16.

Count your blessings,Hon,you'll soon settle into all the new stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.