Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 6 years ago

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

So I have been dating my bf for the past 2 and a half years now and I realized that I have been liking my best guy friend recently and I KNOW THIS ISN'T RIGHT ! BUT I ADMITTED IT TO MY BF because I felt so guilty and like it was wrong. And now he doesn't want me to be friends with him which I completely understand,but it hurts me also because my best guy friend and I have been friends since before me & my bf got together. And he's been there for me just as much.

What should I do???? Should I drop my best friend??

It hurts me, but it hurts my bf too to think his girlfriend caught a little feeling for her best guy friend.

I KNOW I'M HORRIBLE

SO PLEASE NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OR REMINDERS

I just need advice or what would YOU DO!

& ignore the fact that my "name" is yolo I just wanted it to be anonymous

Favorite Answer

I had almost the exact same problem, almost identical. I just...Distanced myself from my best friend, because, when I thought about it, if I had to choose being in a romantic relationship with one of them, I'd choose my boyfriend. I didn't begin ignoring him completely, but I avoided situations that intensified my feelings. Eventually, the feelings went away and now we're just BFF's with no extra feelings. (:

honestly I would go with your friend. there is a saying that goes "you cant love two people. if you truly loved the first you wouldn't have fallen for the second." and your friend is the one that isn't making you pick. I know that its a really tough spot to be put in but just listen to your gut. if it doesn't work out with your boyfriend then you know that it wasn't meant to be. just remember that god works in mysterious ways. best of luck

If I were in your shoes I would remain friends with your best friend. Your boyfriend has no right to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.

• andy c

Do you love your boyfriend and want to marry him? Or is it time to end it?