Liberals, what will you say when the IRS demands your bank information for your new Obama Care policy?

You do realize that is part of the new Affordable Care Act, don't you?

"H.R. 3590 gives the federal government specific access to individual bank accounts and medical records as provided by that individuals health plan. The government may monitor an individuals finances and medical records electronically, for the purposes of determining an individuals eligibility for certain programs under the bill.They may also monitor an individuals finances and medical records to ascertain whether that individual has health insurance and is making regular premium payments to an approved health insurance plan; this will allow the federal government to determine each individuals financial responsibilities with respect to penalties and fees prior to or at the point of care as outlined in the bill. This clause also gives the government the ability to transfer funds electronically to or from an individuals bank account for the purposes of debiting his/her account for fees and penalties.

Quick note for those of you who say “the government already had access to our bank accounts.” That’s true, but it was previously required that they obtain a court order to access any individuals personal finances. This bill provides them free reign to do so whenever they please."

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Stimulus Bill and the ACA have large sections giving the IRS access to people's financial records without any warrants or even any suspicion or criminal activity. No more "innocent until proven guilty". Obama did away with that, with Reid and Pelosi.

• 7 years ago

For decades now, conservatives and Republicans have wanted the govt to fingerprint and drug test anyone getting public assistance. Welfare, food stamps, AFDC, etc.etc. How is public assistance with health care different? Aren't you being just a bit inconsistent here?

Suppose Obama said 'Okay, we'll give people assistance just based on a self-declaration. Think the Republicans would like that better? 8^P

• 7 years ago

The same thing you said when the Patriot Act took your 4th and 6th amendment rights.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

This rant is from a debunked chain letter. It has no remote basis in reality and is not found within the ACA law. You should bother to read the law instead of parroting debunked chain letters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Gaijin
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Jealous cause we have bank accounts?Hate to burst your bubble but they already have access to every ones bank accounts,have for decades.

• 7 years ago

The IRS does not have the authority to do as you claim.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I am 100% OK with that. I love my country, and our relationship is open.

• 7 years ago

They'll have to see, if their mommy has it written down for them.

• 7 years ago

My insurers have my information, they can request it from them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.