My browser got hijacked?

Basicly i was trying to download something, when suddenly i downloaded something else called trovi. I though i declined the offer but instead i didnt. So i deleted it from my programs and uninstalled it. However now when i try to open a new tab in google chrome, it IS FREAKING BING. NOT GOOGLE CHROME, BING. I need help?

Best Answer

In control panel, look through there for any software you don't need or can't identify. Pay attention to the publisher column as well as the App name. Anything related to trovi or Conduit you will want to remove.

In your browsers, manage the add-on's and plug-ins and disable/remove anything there related to trovi, conduit, and Bing.

Run one or more antispyware programs such as Spybot Search & Destoy, Adaware, SuperAntiSpyware, and/or AdwCleaner to search out spyware, adware and pups. You should also run MalwareBytes free on your system.

After the above, you should also search your registry (you can skip HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT) for the same entries Conduit, Trovi, and Bing and delete any keys you find there. BEFORE EDITING THE REGISTRY MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY. In regedit click File -> Export and you can create a backup of the registry.

You have a piece of malware designed to download more malware. Run a virus scan and delete whatever it finds. That should work in most cases. If it's anything more serious, you'll need to scour the internet for better help or call a tech support company like Geeksquad to help fix it.

You mean to say, when you open a new tab, you get BING?