promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 6 years ago

what is straight medical?

i received a BIC card but they said i need to wait for a plan. Until then they said i need to find a doctor who accepts straight medical. whats the difference between having a plan and straight medical?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Phone Medical Consultations Anytime - http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?HGud
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

The difference for you is that there are different doctors for each plan. The difference for you is that if you have a plan, you need to use doctors that accept that plan, but if you have straight medical, then you need to use doctors that accept straight medical.

The another real difference, behind the scenes, is that the doctors get paid a different amount of money.

• Zarnev
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

When you get a "plan" that means your welfare benefits are managed by an insurance company, and you must use doctors that are contracted with that company. When you have straight Medi-Cal your welfare benefits are managed by the state, and you need to use a doctor that will accept the payment by the state.

If you know what plan you are getting you can see if you can get a doctor that will accept both that plans payments and also payment by the state. That way you won't have to change doctors when the plan becomes effective.

Source(s): Independent Ägent
  • 6 years ago

In some counties in Calif there are third party managed care plans and in other counties the state directly manages Medi-Cal. If you have to wait to find out which plan you get and which doctors are in that plan, call your Medi-Cal case worker and find out what plan you have.

No private doctors take Medi-Cal except for those in these managed care plans which are different in each county. If you have the blue and white benefits card only then you have straight Medi-Cal and can see any county cliic, university medical clinic, hospital outpatient clinic, or doctor who takes Medi-Cal, without any specific providers in a managed care plan.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Would anyone know if it is possible (and if so - how?) to stick with straight Medi-Cal and not pick an affiliated health plan? I ask because all doctors I find ideal for my situation either take straight Medi-Cal or no Medi-Cal at all...Thanks everyone in advance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.