If a book is enough evidence for you to believe God, why don't you believe the science book approach as there is evidence to support science?

Where as the bible has nothing to support it

• ?

I do not believe in God because of the Bible alone, but rather because God has done a work of transformation in my heart and removed my heart of stone and given me a heart of flesh.

God's inerrant and all sufficient revealed word is in the Bible, but the Bible in and of itself will not save anyone.

Salvation is in Christ alone, by faith alone, by His grace alone.

Incidentally, Christianity and science are not mutually exclusive, nor polar opposites. Science affirms the truth of God.

By the way, Evolution and the Big Bang are not science, as there is no evidence for either one.

• Doc

Wizard's Ninth Rule:

"A contradiction can not exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole. To believe in a contradiction is to abdicate your belief in the existence of the world around you and the nature of the things in it, to instead embrace any random impulse that strikes your fancy, to imagine something is real simply because you wish it were. A thing is what it is, it is itself. There can be no contradictions.

Faith is a device of self-delusion, a sleight of hand done with words and emotions founded on any irrational notion that can be dreamed up. Faith is the attempt to coerce truth to surrender to whim. In simple terms, it is trying to breath life into a lie by trying to outshine reality with the beauty of wishes. Faith is the refuge of fools, the ignorant, and the deluded, not of thinking, rational men.

In reality, contradictions cannot exist. To believe in them you must abandon the most important thing you possess: your rational mind. The wager for such a bargain is your life. In such an exchange, you always lose what you have at stake."

(Chapter 48 Page #489 US Hard Cover)

• Gloria

The Bible has nothing to support it, and science does? Are you without eyes. Look at he world around you. Who formed the sun and the moon and the stars? What keeps them hanging in space? Why does everything rotate around the sun? What causes them to rotate and the sun stays stationary? As for man can science give us the answers as to why one man's DNA is different form another man's DNA. Science can only tell us that it is what it is, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of why; they have no answer. And in the end science inadvertently proves that there is someone/something out there with an intelligence way, way above what man could ever imagine.

• Tigger

I don't believe in God because of any book, I believe in God because of science..

Science books have math in them, you can't expect people to embrace concepts that they are intellectually incapable of understanding.

Religion, on the other hand, is understandable and even teachable by children.

I think it is obvious to anyone, that the universe could not possibly be too complex to be understood by a 5 year old.

• Kim

Questions like these make so much sense, yet at the same time they are pointless as people are adamant creatures and don't like to have their personal views challenged. No one will ever agree with each other in the same thing.

Each to their own, as I always say.