Where are easy to find geocaches in the Prior Lake area?

I am a nanny and my kids LOVE geocaching. Unfortunately, we are not very good at it and can rarely find the cache. What are some easy geocaches in the Prior Lake/Burnsville area?

• Simba

Prior Lake and Burnsville? You must be from Minnesota? I used to live there!

On the website it rates the difficulty and terrain on a scale of 1-5. I would say a 3 and lower are pretty easy. And I would also consider the checking the size. If you are looking with young kids, they usually struggle looking for micros. I would suggest at least small or even "regular" sizes.

Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve looks like a good place to check out. Plenty of caches with about 2-3 difficulty rating.

I had to use a lot of tips when I first started. But now I've been caching for about 2 years and I have almost developed a "geo sense." Once I find ground zero, certain things just call out to me. A pile of rocks, or sticks. A hollow log. Ok it really isn't a geo sense. It's just experience. But my friends find it funny when I can go right to the cache with little or no searching. Once you find a few, it becomes easier to know what to look for.

Have you tried using geocaching.com? You can sort them by easiest to hardest.

• Jay6 years agoReport

We had a lot like that at first too. We found a series (in Florida) done by a father and son in a Mario bros. theme. That were super fun and easy. You'll eventually find a person who hides them in a way that you can find. Also I think the desktop website vs. the app is more detailed. Stick with it!