Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 years ago

Is he too clingy?

I've just started dating this guy, Liam, and he's a really lovely person and wants the best for me at all times. I'm really lucky to have him. The only thing is, he seems really attached to me and we've only been dating for about a week. He calls me every morning and every night, tells me he loves me about 30 times a day, and if I don't text him back in five minutes he'll ring me over and over and over until I answer. I often just turn my phone off and don't look at it for an hour. He wants to spend every day with me, wherever I turn he's always there... I love being with him, but it's suffocating! Is he being too clingy, or am I just over-reacting? What can I do?

Favorite Answer

He obviously really likes you, but I do think that sometimes called 'a little too much' in a relationship. All relationships need some form of space. It's not healthy to be constantly calling you until you answer, that can become very annoying. Have you tried talking to him? Tell him how you feel and see if he backs off a little. I understand the first stages of a relationship are exciting and you usually want to spend as much time with that person as possible, but there is a limit to everything in life. Talk to him and tell him how you feel, if he doesn't change, you may have to make a hard decision. Eventually what he's doing will just annoy you more and you will end up disliking him for it. Some woman love that kind of attention but every person is different. It's not a bad thing, but you have to be honest with yourself and with him. If you don't stop him now it can only get worse.

Good luck.

ps im posting your que on my site kristinnicole if you have any further que please don't hesitate to ask.

I wouldn't say anything just yet however hard it is for you. You've only give it a week and I think he might realise what he's doing quite soon and it will wear off a bit. You're just new to each other and he wants to do right, he won't be able to sustain it much longer so just let him be the cute boyfriend for now and don't ruin it for him.

If you think that it is suffocating, then the answer would probably be yes. He's too clingy for you. However, talk to him about it before you consider breaking up with him. Tell him how you feel in a nice way :).

Normally I would side with the person being called clingy in this case he seems to have gone overboard

its normal to want to be with someone its not normal to become obsessive

even 24/7 is normal

how about you tell him to ease off if you are avoiding him that says he has gone too far

if he does not ease off then end it clean and forever

Creeper. Run.