promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

French vs american lifestyle?

I'm getting a French student to stay with my family this august. What should I do/expect? What are some of the biggest cultural differences? Have any of you ever hosted a foreign exchange student what are some helpful tips

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well the biggest cultural I know is that they do take along time to eat food, that is true. McDonald's and KFC haven't been successful in France at all, they take care with their food. Apart from that, they are just like the rest of the Western world. But don't change everything american, as they are coming over to experience America culture and their values.

Source(s): I've been to France and have 3 French friends
    • Stéphane6 years agoReport

I must be weird but I'm french, and most of my friends are too (sic), and yet, I like McDonald's lol. I must add a difference, but I'm note sur if you do it in USA... In France we don't eat meat in the morning.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

The biggest cultural difference is Americans eat so damn much and the French not really.

I hosted an Italian years ago, no French though.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Long Sunday lunches. No overreliance on cars. (Of course there are cars in France, but in the cities especially it's perfectly normal NOT to drive everywhere.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.