Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

Would they send one?

Could I possibly contact the army to retrieve or get a new dog tag that was my grandfathers that he had lost 75 years ago while shipping it to himself from were he was stationed. The shipment company confiscated it along with some other stuff because he also had a gun in the shipment. If they do send me a new one would it be legit. Like the one you get in world war 2. Because I would like it I look the same. Also could I contact the White House to see if they could send me a new one? I know it sounds crazy and far fetched. But do you think the president would actually send me one?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) No they aren't going to do that.

2) We haven't used that style of dog tag or that format for the writing since Korea. They wouldn't be set up to do it, even if they were inclined to do so.

Source(s): US Army Scout
  • 7 years ago

What Wraeth says!

In addition, there are several companies that do older style dog tags for reenactors, historical displays, veterans, etc. Simply start doing a web search and you will find one.

You know ... 75 years ago was BEFORE WWII for the United States.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Nope. But if you would use the Internet search box at the top of the page you'll find plenty of companies willing to sell you one!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.