Is Yahoo Mail "Contacts" not working at the moment?

I want to duplicate a contact, and then edit the duplicate to give it a different name and email address, since the organisation and everything else is identical.

There is no "duplicate" option with Yahoo Mail, so I thought that I'd have to export the original contact, edit the exported contact, and then import the edited contact.

I got as far as selecting my original contact and trying a "Single vCard export", but as soon as I clicked that button, I got the message within Yahoo Mail Contacts

"Sorry, Bad Request.

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

advanced search

most popular

Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance."

I attach a screenshot.

I have tried restarting Yahoo Mail (ie. going to mail.yahoo.com in my browser), but as soon as I click Contacts, the message appears again.

I copied all of my Yahoo Mail Contacts to Google Gmail a year or so ago, because it is quite difficult to work with Yahoo Contacts, but I still have my entire original set of contacts within Yahoo Mail Contacts, and I use them all the time.

Favorite Answer

You are not doing anything wrong. You have to wait. There are many problems with contacts this week. Yahoo is working on contacts and the work is causing problems. When the work is done, you will be able to post a photo next to each contact .... along with several other changes. A few people switched browsers to delete or edit the contact but you shouldn't have to do that. It may take a few days (weeks?) but Yahoo's engineers will get this fixed.

That means that the short answer to my question is

It might not be, but it will probably start working again soon intermittently for a couple of weeks.

My Yahoo contact page has changed and it is not working. Are they having problems with this?

jmd5050@sbcglobal.net

You would think that someone from yahoo would at least send an email to say they are working on the contact hence we will experience problems with it for a while...sigh