How can I describe a bluebird? and is it normal to see a bluebird in a park at the u.s?

Hello! I'm writing a little novel and i would like to know if its normal to see a bluebird in a park at the u.s and what city is the most? and how exactly can i describe a bluebird?(: Alright thank you! x

Favorite Answer

Bluebirds are common in the northeastern part of the U.S. I'm not quite sure what city is the most common, but if you research it, I'm sure you could find out.

Now how to describe a bluebird, huh? Well, let's see...

The soft blue and tan feathers of a bluebird flitted through the air as it soared over head. It gave call to its fellow a few feet in front of it, calling for it to slow in its flight onward.

That's a possibility. I'm not sure if that's quite what you were looking for, but that's kind of how I would describe it. If that's not what you were quite hoping for, I would suggest describing the look, sounds, and personality of the bird. Be descriptive, but don't over do it.

Source(s): A teenage author.

You can see bluebirds pretty much everywhere in the lower 48 states. In the northern half of the country they're present only in summertime; in the southern half, pretty much any time. And yes, you can see them in parks -- they aren't birds who hide in dense forests or inside shrubbery all the time like some birds.

There are 3 different species in the US but they're all very similar looking. You can easily find pictures of them online or in bird books by looking up "Eastern, Western, or Mountain Bluebird".

• David

I'm in the Southwestern US and there are scrub jays, which are blue and noisy. I hope you haven't put your little novel on hold to ask this.

• Teddy

The US is 3000 miles wide and over 1500 miles from north to south. You need to be a little more specific on where you are. As for bluebirds? I live in the northeast, in a city, and have never seen one.