How to get rid of an yeast infection?
I'm not sure if it's an yeast infection, but reading the symptoms online I'm assuming it is.
Lately, for over a month, I've been getting white/milky discharge coming out of my vagina, it doesn't have any smell to it, so I assumed that's it's a way of cleaning itself. But I've never had this much discharge coming out, and almost everyday.
Also, the inside of my vagina canal is itchy at times.
And today, I had white discharge and it looked chuncky, kinda like cottage cheese, but had no smell.
A little background about myself so you can help me out. I am sexualy active with my boyfriend. He is the first guy I had intercourse with. We only have oral sex, may that lead to an infection? And my bf is clean.
I clean my vagina daily and wear clean underwear. And my period is 2 weeks away.
What can it be? Yeasr infection? Bacterial Vaginitis? How can I treat it?
- NatashaLv 76 years agoFavorite Answer
You can get over-the-counter treatments from the local pharmacy. If you want some home remedies to save money, you could try these:-
- use a hairdryer set to low heat directed at your crotch after toweling yourself dry when you've had a shower or bath. This helps eliminate excess moisture, thus prevents the yeast growth.
- eat some yogurt containing lactobacillus acidophilus cultures like dannon, or insert it with a turkey baster into the vagina (only if you knows for sure if it's a yeast infection - other infections thrive on yogurt, making the condition worse).
- put a few drops of washing up liquid in your undies and scrub with water before putting it in with the regular wash. This helps kill and remove the fungi.
- mix 4 teaspoons of white vinegar with a pint of warm water and use as a douche. This adjusts the pH back to how it should be, making the environment less hospitable for the yeast.
- boil 4 cups of water, add 8 - 10 broken cinnamon sticks and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and allow to rest for 45 minutes. Once it's lukewarm, use the solution as a douche. Cinnamon inhibits the growth of yeast
- have some garlic or foods flavored with garlic, like garlic bread. Garlic both boosts immunity and is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
- fill a bathtub with 6 inches of warm water, add half a cup each of table salt white vinegar and sit in the water, knees apart for 15 minutes. The salt content of the water matches the natural saline level in the body and the vinegar helps balance the vagina pH back to its normal range.
- avoid wearing tight clothes like skinny jeans, a bathing suit or leotard. These trap heat and moisture, making the infection worse.
- If the infections hasn't cleared up within a week, see a doctor for assistance
Hope this helps.Source(s): Joey Green's Amazing Kitchen Cures (book)
- Anonymous6 years ago
I've had yeast infections problem over 4 years. I tried everything, of course I went to the DR. about a hundred times, probably not that many, but it
sure seems like it. It never did any good for long and caused all kinds of other issues having to do with taking too many antibiotics. It wasn't until
I stumbled upon the information on this site
( http://get-rid-of-yeastinfection.blogspot.com ), that my life changed completely. I'm feeling so much better now, my quality of life returned and
every one of the symptoms had gone.
Although yeast infection (known by the names of Candida, Monilia or Thrush) is in fact a very common condition, (as three out of four women develop it at some point
in their lifetimes), it is little discussed. Most people regard candida infection as a ‘on the surface’ problem that should be treated with creams and antibiotics whereas
few are aware of its potentially risky complications. So going to doctors it's a bad idea not because it makes you feel uncomfortable, it's because they will prescribe antibiotics
until something works, it could take even 1 year to treat a yeast infection like this.
To effectively overcome candida infection, you need to be aware of the real cause of yeast infection and be able to identify its symptoms. You need to know how to self-test
and diagnose your candida condition, learn about the dietary principals needed to maintain a candida free environment and about the complimentary treatments that will help you
battle against the negative effects and complications of your yeast infection.
Read "Yeast Infection No More" BY Linda Allen ( electronic format @ http://get-rid-of-yeastinfection.blogspot.com ) It's about how to naturally and permanently
eliminate your yeast infection without drugs, creams or any kind of gimmicks.
“How do I make this awful condition go away?!!!” Eliminating All Signs of Embarrassing Yeast – For Good! - http://get-rid-of-yeastinfection.blogspot.com
Free Video Reveals 1 Weird Tip To Quickly Cure Your Candida Overgrowth & Enjoy Permanent Freedom From Yeast Infections
In As Little As 12 Hours - Guaranteed! - http://get-rid-of-yeastinfection.blogspot.com
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.