How do you know Jesus died for our sins and not that he was hopelessly outnumbered and was going to die anyway?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 😌
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Matthew 26:52-54

"Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels? In that case, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must take place this way?”

Jesus could've simply prayed and had the officers tossed about like a volley ball. So no, he wasn't outnumbered in any way.

Source(s): Praise Jehovah Always.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

from a biblical perspective, it makes it clear that Jesus gave up His life willingly and not by constraint.

"Matthew 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?"

To find out if the Bible is true or not visit remnantofgod.org/creation.htm where you'll see creation facts that prove the Holy Bible.

God bless you.

• ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

He was always screwed. The Romans were pretty efficient when it come to kicking ***.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

He was one against the world,

and he never gave up

and he also won!

That makes him a great man!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zz
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Using pure logic, we know Jesus didn't "die for our sins." The concept doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

• Ray
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

He knew they were coming for Him. He could have made a point to be else where if He chose.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because God showed me the Bible is true.

• 7 years ago

he fulfilled prophesy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.