jeremy asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 6 years ago

is red a good lipstick color? i bought it for my wife, sayin it matched her car she loves. shes only worn it once.?

She says it doesn't 'go' with anything.. she hates dresses and is more of a jeans n T-shirt girl, but usually wears eye shadow n such. Says I should've picked a more "natural" color. But those don't 'pop' and draw attention like th red. I'm just a clueless male? Its not like I picked black or purple.. 80% of th selection was red hues..

9 Answers

Relevance
  • tR@c!3
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Red is beautiful. I'd think that it's a very thoughtful gift! And red lipstick would actually look awesome with like a white t-shirt, jeans and simple heels on an evening out, that way she can still stick to her usual style AND wear the red lipstick!

• 6 years ago

Maybe she doesn't feel like her face works with the red. Some people can pull off certain colors and some can't. Or maybe she does mean what she says, maybe she doesn't have the right clothes for red lipstick. Most of the time when you do wear red lipstick you dress up fancy and if she's more of a t shirt girl than she would prefer to wear colors that blend into her face.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

First of all, it's very thoughtful of you to get her the lipstick! It's the thought that counts. With that being said, unless your wife is into makeup, a red lipstick isn't a day to day color! It's more of a night time color! Something you wear when your going out! I wouldn't be worried, she probably just likes to wait for the right occasion!

• 6 years ago

yea every girl needs a red lipstick. but I'm the same way i wouldn't wear red unless I'm going out, it not really a day to day color but I'm sure she likes it and will use it on special occasions. id be really happy if a guy bought me makeup

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Awww I think its cute that you bought her makeup =) some guys just buy their girlfriends/wives ironing boards lol. But next time maybe you should pick a different color since not everyone likes wearing red. Like you say she is more into t-shirts and jeans, so natural colors might be better. Or you could still get a bright lipstick but maybe coral or pink rather than red.

• 6 years ago

The red you choose has to go with her skin color. Also some woman just don't like red that much because it pops too much. I personally don't like red on me I don't like too much attention drawn to my lips.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

That is my choice of color. bold red lip stick is my thing.. its different for everyone though. it's a special occasion type of lip color

• 6 years ago

It might not suit her skin tone or hair colour. Red is also a colour that can make people look at you more so she might feel really self conscious and she might not feel like she has anywhere to wear it. Try talking to her, good luck xx

• 6 years ago

Red lipstick is sexy on a girl

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.