Jeff
Jeff asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Bros, should we view Bergdahl as innocent until proven guilty of the charges of desertion?

Like our 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments to the constitution established - as codified into law by the case of Coffin v. United States, 156 U.S. 432 (1895). Or should we just go with whatever fox news and Y/A cons say - that the dude is guilty?

Favorite Answer

This falls under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).

Justice in the US states that a person is assumed innocent until proven guilty. But that is the legal aspect of the issue. We are all free to make up our own minds on his guilt or innocence. But we need to accept the determination of the courts in the name of humanity.

There are a lot of cases I don't agree with the verdict on- but I will not take the law into my own hands and that I believe is the safe course.

We can each make up our own mind, but live with the findings of the courts that have jurisdiction.

• y

And the two investigations already done on this guy when he went missing. Don't forget them. The major news outlets have already reported on them and the white house scrambled to make them classified after the trade. Why?

Based on the circumstances and reports from those closest to him on the battlefield, there seems to be some very serious questions surrounding his departure and eventual capture 18 days later. Until we had answers to those questions, we should not have traded 5 Osama bin Laden's away to retrieve him. Fox News & "Cons" aren't saying he's "guilty", they are saying there is enough debate about it that there shouldn't have been a trade.

I'm not your "bro".

He is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of his military trial. I'm entitled to an opinion based on the information just like you. As a Vet I will go with the opinions who were stationed with him. He was a sh!t bag.

• Jeff
      6 years agoReport

My opinion is, is that I wasn't there, don't know the facts, so I won't jump to conclusions bro.

• We should take his own word for it.

Everyone deserves his day in court to prove their innocence.

Anyone who puts on the uniform and willing to put themselves in harms way should be given the benefit of the doubt, because most Americans would never do that.

Legally, he is innocent until proven guilty. In the meanwhile, you are entitled to your opinion.

The GOP is out to hang him already. They're hate for Obama has taken them to disturbing sides.

Please do we need to remind the "bros" on the left of George Zimmerman? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions!

He probably needs to be sworn in on the Koran not the Bible

• Jeff
      6 years agoReport

So guilt by religious association in other words bro? The prosecution rests!