I filed my amended return March 1, 2014?

I filed my amended return on March 1, 2014. I checked the status return online and it said to call the irs number and gave me an extension, because it was not processed. Anyone know the possible reason for this?

Nope. You'll have to call. There are many possible reasons, but it would make no sense at all to speculate.

• M

Not sure why my answer never posted -- just a blank post.

Call the number. It's the only way to find out for sure. My guess -- info you entered is being questioned - either something doesn't match or info is missing from your return. They prob have a question for you or they want you to provide more info or documentation. It could be a simply math error or a typo. They are giving you a chance to clear this up instead of denying your claim. Don't play mind reader & don't waste time worrying - just call the number.

• tro

and if you were given a number to call that would be where you will get the answer you seek