I filed my amended return March 1, 2014?

I filed my amended return on March 1, 2014. I checked the status return online and it said to call the irs number and gave me an extension, because it was not processed. Anyone know the possible reason for this?

3 Answers

  • 7 years ago

    Nope. You'll have to call. There are many possible reasons, but it would make no sense at all to speculate.

  • M
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

    Not sure why my answer never posted -- just a blank post.

    Call the number. It's the only way to find out for sure. My guess -- info you entered is being questioned - either something doesn't match or info is missing from your return. They prob have a question for you or they want you to provide more info or documentation. It could be a simply math error or a typo. They are giving you a chance to clear this up instead of denying your claim. Don't play mind reader & don't waste time worrying - just call the number.

  • tro
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

    and if you were given a number to call that would be where you will get the answer you seek

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.