Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

colour hair will harm our health ?

colour hair will harm our health ?

Favorite Answer

Yes, specially if you’ve got brown hair, some people have actually died from dyeing their hair. Water is 100%. If it dyes your hair, it's got chemicals.

Here's a new article I found re: henna, which is supposed to be better for you than reg. box dye. It's a good read!

Google: Henna for Hair Warnings.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Another example posted on YA! 8-20-12. Is it just me or does xxl live max blonde make your scalp feel like it on fire? I've recently used a max blonde on my hair and I had to wash it wash off straight away because my scalp felt like it was on fire has this happend to anyone else?

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.

Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Example of one who's hair is falling and stopped growing from YA!:

"my hair had been bleached many times and can't grow past a certain length

its also falling out . i stopped bleaching it.

i just need to add lenght! but if i can stop it from falling out..that be great too"

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone."

Another example from YA UK: I am 21 years old i hav suffer frm thin dull and dry hair after i have gone through colouring in hair two tyms?

SALON: Hair bleach burnt my scalp?

its been a week today that i had my mobile hair dresser come and do highlights for new year. it was blue powder and white cream stuff she mixed up to use. anyway she got it on my scalp which really burnt me! the foil was so hot she could barely touch it! she didn't rinse my hair off until she had finish the last two highlights and by that point the pain was so bad i was almost crying! she didn't even wash the bleach out of my hair properly and when blow drying it it just burnt me even more! that same day about an hour after she left it was still burning and noticed scabs forming and my hair sticking together. i did go to the doctors the other day to get it checked as the pain is still very bad and its also swollen. all they gave me is this shampoo called oilatum that i can only use twice a week. dose anyone know of what else i could possibly do or use to stop this incredibly bad pain and burning that keeps me up a night too. as the doctors have said its not infected.

Depends.

Not exactly health but, it will just harm your hair generally.

Especially if you bleach your hair.

After bleaching you could feel your hair very dry and paper-like texture when you wash it.

Though its no big harm to your health.

Source(s): bleached my hair

Yes it may be harmful for health.

Coloring your hair may be dangerous to your health. it includes many harmful chemicals. Such chemicals can cause allergic reactions and perhaps even neurological problems.

You can use the alternatives such as plant-based henna and infrared techniques that open up hair shafts to allow coloring. Such "green" solutions are advisable for anyone who wants to avoid the risks associated with many hair coloring products.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/211736-the-healt...

Hope it will help you..

If you do it too much too often. That's a lot of chemicals to put on your hair, i'd imagine too much of anything can become harmful. But harmful to you? Not sure, but to your hair yea

no