Honestly.... can believers acknowledge the falacies?

What ever Abrahamic religion you subscribe to how can you say there is a god because I know him and he has these characteristics and say your honest?

Just because you believe in something doesn't make it real....

Favorite Answer

I believe the term is called indoctrination.

The Bible was written over a 1,600-year period. Its writers lived at different times and came from many walks of life. Some were farmers, fishermen, and shepherds. Others were prophets, judges, and kings. The Gospel writer Luke was a doctor. Despite the varied backgrounds of its writers, the Bible is harmonious from beginning to end.

The first book of the Bible tells us how mankind’s problems began. The last book shows that the whole earth will become a paradise, or garden. All the material in the Bible covers thousands of years of history and relates in some way to the unfolding of God’s purpose. The harmony of the Bible is impressive, but that is what we would expect of a book from God.

The Bible is scientifically accurate. It even contains information that was far ahead of its time. For example, the book of Leviticus contained laws for ancient Israel on quarantine and hygiene when surrounding nations knew nothing about such matters. At a time when there were p. 21wrong ideas about the shape of the earth, the Bible referred to it as a circle, or sphere. (Isaiah 40:22) The Bible accurately said that the earth ‘hangs on nothing.’ (Job 26:7) Of course, the Bible is not a science textbook. But when it touches on scientific matters, it is accurate. Is this not what we would expect of a book from God?

The Bible is also historically accurate and reliable. Its accounts are specific. They include not only the names but also the ancestry of individuals.* In contrast to secular historians, who often do not mention the defeats of their own people, Bible writers were honest, even recording their own failings and those of their nation. In the Bible book of Numbers, for instance, the writer Moses admits his own serious error for which he was severely reproved. (Numbers 20:2-12) Such honesty is rare in other historical accounts but is found in the Bible because it is a book from God.

Source(s): www.JW.org

As is apparent from reading what they post here in R&S, the ones who do acknowledge them don't actually say anything about it. The ones who are the loudest are the ones who seem to miss them.

• Moi

because we have his word the Holy Bible

and Just because you disbelieve in something doesn't make it not real

it's "fallacies" Mr wise guy

Knowing someone and NOT believing He is real would be totally irrational. As would claiming someone is not real simply because you do not know Him.

It's not about acknowledging the fallacies. . . . . did someone tell you that being a Christian is about acknowledging the fallacies . . because, that's just nutty.

Whoever you are listening to, stop listening to them. They don't know nuthin'.

• Tammy

I don't care what they believe, really. If they want to think that god made the world in 7 days and snakes can talk and angels have sex and create offspring with human women, or that dead guys come back to life in time for lunch, women will wash your feet with expensive oils and a dead guy resurrected and evaporated out of his crypt, it doesn't affect me.

I just want them all to stop killing innocent people because of that belief.

• mark h

There is a difference between being dishonest and being mistaken.

I honestly believe both that there is a God and that I know Him but I could very well be mistaken in both cases.

But I further contend that if I am mistaken and there is no God, then my mistakes are of no consequence.

My mistakes like me will be buried in the sands of time and forgotten. And after more time passes the sun will burn out and the earth will fall silent, and then nothing that any of us ever said or did will matter as the earth we used to live on drifts towards a black hole consigning all that we were to an uncaring oblivion.

Hope that helps.

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

~Carl Sagan

It is hard to understand that people believe things differently to yourself, as deeply as you believe whatever it is you do. But that is the case. For each person, their own worldview and opinion are, quite rightly, the most influential.

Most believers are true in their believe, if only because they have been duped, in other word they have being taken for a ride base on their ignorance.