Does God want holiness more?

When Jesus descended into Heaven, He gave commands to His disciples that we must preach the gospel etc. for the kingdom that is to come. Now before that, as Christians, we are called to repent and bear fruits of repentance. Now before Christians go out preaching the gospel and evangelizing, is it more important to repent of all of our sins and become holy rather than preaching first? Jesus wants us to be holy so, is it more important that we are clean and holy? Will we still go to Heaven if we live in holiness more?

Update:

What I'm asking is, is holiness more important than preaching?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jan C
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Yes, that is absolutely correct

• 6 years ago

Not very many of the religious claim they know a god or a devil actually exists they just claim to believe, then they will say but my faith tells me he is real!!! Faith being an excuse word for not having any reasons for their beliefs, where as if they even had one reason then they would not need to use their imaginary faith excuse!!! Religions are only cons that target the uneducated and under educated and a very profitable con it is, because it is tax free in the good old USofA!!! They have made the big time and are keeping senators and congressmen on their payroll to help them to infiltrate public education, so they can get their delusions into the children's heads before they learn too much reality!!! Because the new polls are showing decreases in religious believers and increases in atheists after graduating from college!!! The poor religious con men never thought education would ever go public, and it is definitely putting a damper on religions delusions and their tax free ride and they are WORRIED!!! Even the Pope is out trying to drum up more believers, if he negotiates peace it will be a big win for religious organizations all over the world but it still will not prove any gods or devils exist anywhere outside of any ones inculcated minds!!!

• jereh
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

err.. you need to understand the definition of holiness first. :/

• 6 years ago

Actually, I think they are equal, you have to come Holy to God. But also, praying is a holy thing to do to "talk to God". But if you live in Holiness every day of your life or try to, he will bless you. If you pray and make time for him, he blesses you and helps you. In my experience both are equally important and needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

I have found that practically NO Christian knows what holiness is any more. Of course God wants holiness, but all they think holiness is morality. As if God is satisfied with lesser morality than what Christ had.

So it's like they are saying, "Here God, aren't you impressed by my stinky form of morality?"

Holiness is dedication to him. And like the Greek word for "faith", Satan has them all confused about it. They don't know what the weightier definition is of the words and so don't know how to apply them.

Dedication to God is what holiness really is about. Not self-reliant morality.

So, the church goes by the way of many periods and covenants of Biblical history. They get it so wrong that when God's prophet comes by, they just want him to go away. They don't understand what God was saying, and what he did say sounds foreign to them.

• 6 years ago

Yes it is very important. "Without holiness no man shall see the Lord"(Heb. 12:14). Our "preaching" can also be done by our lives(iiCor. 3:2). It has been correctly stated that you may be the only Bible anyone will ever read. I recommend a study on holiness and discipleship. I have been studying this lately myself and it has been very fruitful..

• CB
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Why Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Preach From House to House?

▪ In the Bible, we find this command of Jesus to his followers: “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, teaching them.” (Matthew 28:19, 20) Does this apply to all Christians? Jesus’ earliest disciples understood that it does. For example, the apostle Peter stated: “He [Jesus] ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness.” (Acts 10:42)

And the apostle Paul wrote: “Necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe is me if I did not declare the good news!”—1 Corinthians 9:16.

Not only Paul and Peter but also first-century Christians in general acted on Jesus’ command. They made preaching the hallmark of their activity. (Acts 5:28-32) “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men. The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake.  God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.  And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.”

(Acts 5:41, 42) So they went out from before the San′he·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name. And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

Jehovah’s Witnesses today endeavor to do so as well. They preach the same message as Jesus did, namely, “the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 10:7.

Jesus indicated that it should be preached to all people everywhere. He told his disciples: “You will be witnesses of me to the most distant part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8) He even foretold that before the end of this system arrives, “this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness.” (Matthew 24:14) Accordingly, first-century Christians strove to speak with all people, not just personal acquaintances or individuals without a religion. (Colossians 1:23; 1 Timothy 2:3, 4) Likewise, Jehovah’s Witnesses today try to reach everyone.

Jesus, who knew how to reach as many as possible, sent his disciples to cities, villages, and homes of the people. (Matthew 10:7, 11, 12) After Jesus’ death and resurrection, his disciples continued to preach “from house to house.” (Acts 5:42) As Jesus did, they too preached in informal settings and in public places. (John 4:7-26; 18:20; Acts 17:17) Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses use those same methods to preach to all people.

Jesus indicated that not everyone would listen. (Matthew 10:14; 24:37-39) Jesus instructed his disciples to persevere as long as there is hope of finding some who will respond to the good news about God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 10:23; 1 Timothy 4:16) By searching out such ones from house to house, Jehovah’s Witnesses show love for God and for their neighbors, whose lives depend on hearing and responding to the Kingdom message.—Matthew 22:37-39; 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

The apostle Paul referred to the ministry as a “holy work.” (Romans 15:15, 16) However, I have written to you more outspokenly on some points, so as to give you another reminder, because of the undeserved kindness given to me from God  for me to be a public servant of Christ Jesus to the nations. I am engaging in the holy work of the good news of God, so that these nations might be an acceptable offering, sanctified with holy spirit.

Engaging in it makes us “fellow workers” with “the Holy One,” Jehovah, and contributes to the sanctification of his name. (1 Cor. 3:9; 1 Pet. 1:15) Jehovah views our preaching as “a sacrifice of praise,” so the ministry is a vital aspect of our worship.—Heb. 13:15.

Preaching the good news is a great honor that relatively few enjoy. The angels would gladly care for such an assignment and would no doubt do it extremely well. (1 Pet. 1:12) However, Jehovah has chosen us imperfect humans, “earthen vessels,” for this awesome privilege!—2 Cor. 4:7.

Because we truly treasure our privilege, we view the ministry as one of “the more important things” in our life. (Phil. 1:10) Therefore, we schedule time each week to share in it. A musician who treasures his privilege to play in a world-renowned orchestra would prepare for each performance and work at developing his skill. Similarly, we prepare before going in the ministry so that we can ‘handle the word of truth aright,’ and we work at improving our “art of teaching.”—2 Tim. 2:15; 4:2.

We Remember that there are still many in our territory who appreciate our visits. However, it is not the approval of humans that we seek. Far more important is how Jehovah feels, and he highly values our diligent efforts.—Isa. 52:7.

Source(s): Bible/JW.org
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.