Novel series reading suggestions( asoiaf/ wheel of time/ belgariad/ sword of truth/ etc)?

guys can u suggest high fantasy or dark fantasy novel series.... should be atleast 4 books put together in the series...

i prefer novels with a strong lead who is brought up with humble beginings like rand and mat in wheel of time, richard in sword of truth, garion in belgariad (please dont suggest mallorean), jon snow in asoiaf.

plz dont suggest popular series like harry potter or twillight or percy jackson or stephen kings teh dark tower quintet , kane chronicles, codex alera, etc etc...)

and exclude --malazan book of the fallen

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Have you tried the Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson? There are 2 books in the series at the moment, but the first is split into 2 parts so technically there are 3 books. Sanderson also is the guy who completed the Wheel of Time series so you should enjoy his writing style.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is a brilliant book, easily one of the best fantasy books I've ever read, if not the best. Again, only the first two books have been released but it's worth it.

The Prince of Thorns series is pretty merciless.

The Gentleman Bastards are a great fantasy series but might not be what you're after.

The Black Company is also decent series but I found it a bit similar to the Malazan novels so you might not like it.

Otherwise there are the classics like Lord of the Rings but they aren't dark really.

Hope this helps a bit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.