Who explained me the dynamic between "liberals" and "conservatives" in US?

What I know is that conservatives are right-wing, have a television channel that supports their ideology 100%, FOX News, some taunt of it saying 'FAUX' News (What 'FAUX' mean?), I hear that that channel say that Barack Obama "is a Muslim", "not born in America" ​​and even "is communist" (OMG), also some people told me that conservatives in general are very reactionary.

I don't know what wing are liberals, but FOX News say that they are "communists" (everyone is comunist in that channel), people say CNN is accused of being the channel of the liberals, but I do not think so, CNN seems very fair, I would say that MSNBC is more biased (for liberals).

What can you tell me?

Regards from Venezuela, here we're fighting for Democracy.

Favorite Answer

"Faux" means false, fake, imitation, artificial. We usually use it in reference to materials - faux leather, faux fur, faux wood, to indicate that something looks and/or feels like the real thing but it's actually a synthetic substitute. Opponents of Fox News call it Faux News to indicate that it looks like a news channel, but it's actually manufactured or artificial news, made up or manipulated by the editors/owners of the channel to present false information. Often, that characterization is true, but occasionally they do report actual news that is important and relevant but gets ignored by other outlets.

Fox News is strongly conservative. CNN is moderately left-leaning, and MSNBC is strongly left-leaning. If you want to get an accurate picture of events in the news, you need to read and use multiple sources as ALL news sources will leave relevant information out to suit the editors' bias, whether intentionally or accidentally. Personally, I read the Wall Street Journal and the Economist (British news magazine), and listen to NPR (public radio).

The dynamic between left and right, liberal and conservative, Democrat and Republican is, as you can tell from the comments, very contentious and based mostly on emotion and partisanship. People's attitudes are basically, "My party is right, yours is wrong, and you can go to hell if you disagree." Rather than seeing two groups who basically want the same overall result (prosperity, peace, freedom), but have different ideas of how to accomplish it, they see people who have evil, malicious intent and WANT to destroy the country. In reality, both sides have glaring flaws, both sides pick and choose what data to use and believe, and both sides ignore contradictory viewpoints and results. No one has a monopoly on truth or correct policy.

Most foreign observers have commented that the US has a far-right party (Republican) and a moderate party (Democrat). Relative to other countries, I'd have to agree. For those of us here in the US, though, we see foreign politics as either far-left or moderate-left. It's a matter of perspective and what you're used to.

Sorry for the length of my post. Best of luck with your conflict there. The people of Venezuela have the right to a free and open government, and I hope that you achieve it.

faux is like hoax or fake because they spew out a lot of fake information and make very outragous claims. To be fair though most media sources in the U.S are pretty terrible and bias compared to other countries. Its more about ratings than about news (what I have noticed and can't stand) And yes i would agree that conservatives are very reactionary.

Liberals; also known as progressives or democrats, are considered left wing. I'm not trying to bring my own personal views on this and just simply answering your question.

Good luck in your fight my friend!

Liberals (Democrats) work for the betterment of the lives of all individuals. This includes such things as access to health care coverage for all, restrictions on pollution, regulations on products and producers, and safety nets for those who are down on their luck. This is not to say that all Democrats act in this manner (some are bought and paid for by corporations). But as a whole, this is the goal of liberals.

Conservatives (Republicans) have a narrow agenda, that being protecting the profits of big corporations, and the bank accounts of the top 1% of Americans. They get their power by catering to groups that they can easily manipulate. The largest of these groups are gun "rights" advocates and those who want to push an agenda based on Christianity. They actually, however, only feign interest in these issues. Their primary goal is to get people in these groups to vote for them, giving them the power needed to push their real agenda ($).

• Sarah

Conservatives are, indeed, reactionary, and have spent the past 6 years claiming that Obama is a 'usurper, Marxist, Muslim, communist, socialist, Maoist, terrorist supporter, who hates america, who wants to implement sharia law on the US, and who will throw conservatives into FEMA death camps with mandatory RFID chip implants, after he has confiscated all of their guns".

When you dare to point out the fact that none of their fear mongering is remotely accurate, they double down and insist that you are a 'sheep' and 'libtard' who needs to 'wake up' and vote for their republican leadership.....the same people who got us into this mess.

Conservatives think they're owed. Liberals think otherwise.

Watch MSNBC for the opposite effect.

Progressives have bled the meaning of the word "liberal". They are, in fact, not liberal at all. They want people to get as many abortions as possible. They want to steal registered firearms from free Americans. Plus, whenever possible, they say as many bigoted and untrue things about the biblical faith of Christianity as possible.

• happy

libs do what feels good ,cons do what is good