What does this quote means?

"My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me."

• Roger
    Favorite Answer

it sounds like person is accepting fate as it is.

What I mean is :

"My heart is at ease" = I am comfortable (I accept)

"knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me" = What is supposed to happen (in my life) will definitely happen

"and that what misses me was never meant for me." = What does not happen (in my life) was not supposed to happen anyway.

So the person is accepting these terms of his/her life.

• It's about someone making the wrong choice. "what was meant for me" implies that is what the person was SUPPOSED to have/do. So "will never miss me" means the person had no involvement in it. "what misses me was never meant for me" then means this persons wrong choice has effected something or someone else in a negative way because this person has realized their mistake

Miss Me Quotes

I believe it to mean that what has not actually happened can not be missed, because it did not occur. And visa versa. Did my answer further your confusion ?

Source(s): my own thoughts

The quote is by one of the greatest Muslim scholars to ever live, Imam Shafi'

Yes I agree with what's been said