Yahoo message: "kanji27@hotmail.com" has been added to my account. Unknown address to me.?

This has happened twice. I immediately changed my password when I got the message the first time. Then my friends began to contact me saying they were getting mail from me asking for money. I thought the password change fixed the problem. Also my contacts were all deleted. Now I've gotten the message from Yahoo a second time that "kanji27@hotmail.com" has been added to my account. It seems I've been hacked all over again. What can I do? I can't seem to get in touch directly with Yahoo.

Jim

Favorite Answer

This guy from Nigeria hacked my yahoo email. 1. Change your pw again. 2.remove kanji27@yahoomail.com from alternate list. 3. check mail forwarding which I bet is for kanji27@yahoomail.com - change it to POP, and 4. submit a form to yahoo to restore your addressbook. Yes, they can recover your addressbook from past 10 days.

Good luck.

kanji27@hotmail.com is added by an attacker

the problem is not solved only by replacing the password

you must remove it from Account Info

this must be deleted from

Settings-> Accounts->Edit->

see also

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140...

You absolutely have to follow the procedure outlined by sendroiu.

Just changing your password will not do it!