Will A.J. Styles, C.M. Punk, Shelton Benjamin and others sign with Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling?

TNA co-founder, Jeff Jarrett announced his new promotion called Gload Force Wrestling. Jeff Jarrett has already been in negotiations Lance Hoyt ( Vance Archer) and Elijah Burke ( Pope" D'Angelo Dinero) and have a working relationship with the Mexican Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) promotion.

Would these additions to Global Force Wrestling (GWF) help the promotion?

A.J. Styles, C.M. Punk, Shelton Benjamin, David Hart Smith, John Morrison, Chris Masters, Roderick Strong, Marshall & Ross Von Eric (sons of Kevin Von Eric), Wes Briscoe, Richie Steamboat, Dory Funk IV, Rob Conway, Adam Pearce, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Christian York, Alex Shelly, Petty Williams, Gregory Helms, Colt Cabana, Matt Morgan, Doc Gallows, Sim Snuka, Carlito Colon, Joey Ryan, Chavo Gurerro, Cody Hall, Mike Dibiase, James "Matt" Bentley (cousin of Shawn Micheals).

Creative team members, bookers, writers, trainers, etc:

Sting, Shane Douglas, Ricky Morton, Bobby Eaton, Bret Hart, Mick Folley, Jim Cornette, "Baby Doll" Nickula Roberts, Tara, and Jeff Jarrett.

Would these additions help Global Force Wrestling compete with the WWE, TNA, ROH and the NWA?

Favorite Answer

Punk has stated he was never happy/impressed with TNA during his last Tenure there... and that was when Jarrett was at his strongest... so at this point I think he'd be more likely to take a chance with TNA under new management than 'Not-TNA' with old TNA power players

as to the others, you've pretty much covered all of the 'who's who of where's he' so no doubt some of them will stand beside Jarrett ...

-- safe bet some most of the 'TNA Guys' (AJ, Kaz, Daniels, Shelly Sabin et al) left TNA as much for Loyalty to Jarrett as what ever reason was really given. (they had the chance to run, and took it so as to be ready when Jarrett was ready)

-- the 'WWE Guys' (masters, JoMo, Carlito etc) are trickier as they've stayed off the radar to a degree for so long it'd be hard to imagine the timing suddenly being right to join up as soon as the doors open

-- the ones I think are most likely to sign, and Benefit the most are those guys who have not yet had a Real chance in the national spotlight... ( Von Erichs and Steamboat, York, WBriscoe) as They will have the best chance of A. being to GFW what AJ/Joe/Daniels were to TNA 2002 and of helping the company prove it's not 'TNA2.0'

-- Cody Hall is more likely to show up in NXT, seeing as Scott is in the HoF now, and most/all of the Clique have 'legend contracts' suit jobs with WWE... the only reason Not to go WWE is to avoid accusations of accusations of favoritism, but you know damn well Jarrett would just as easily package him as Razor Ramon Jr. (if not in name, but gimmick) as HHH would push him to the top of the card based on loyalty to Scott

• TJanssen411
      6 years agoReport

you do know that historically 'Invasion' means Purchase... typically the 'Purchased' invades the Buyer... and the Buyer proceeds to beat the ever loving crap out of the invaders... with maybe 1% of the acquired talent sticking around after the dust settles

I don't think Punk will go anywhere besides WWE, he's just burnt out on wrestling. I don't agree with the way he walked out but if his heart wasn't in the job at the moment he didn't need to be there. I know some of the guys you mentioned are wrestling in Japan or ROH right now Styles is the IWGP Heavyweight Champion and has also works in ROH stateside. Benjamin, DH Smith, Alex Shelley, and Doc Gallows are all wresting in New Japan currently. Roderick Strong is still with ROH and it looks like Bad Influence (Daniels & Kazarian) are headed to ROH. I could see those other guys coming inespecially Morrison, Masters, and Chavo.

I think AJ Styles will definately go there, he is good with Jarrett, WWE dont want him, TNA don't want to pay for him so it seems logical.

Benjamin I think could go there too.

Punk I don't think so, as talented as Punk is he has a massive ego and would probably think Global was beneath him.

Mick Foley has already hinted at going there, I see that happening.

I think quite a few of those you mentioned could go to global although I think Cody Hall will get a WWE shot , he has the connections at WWE and has the right size and look they love. I also think Tara may do something with WWE again, so I don't see her going to Global.

AJ and Shelton Benjamin might sign but i don't think Punk will.

I hope so!