How old do you have to be for a Sallie Mae student loan?

I am only 20 years old as of now, but when I was 19 I applied for a Sallie Mae student loan to meet the cost of my education needs. I was denied. I don't understand why, I know a lot of people older then me with horrible credit and still got a student loan. I didn't have a lot of credit but I did pay off two things. Why did they deny me, what do I need to do. For people my age, whats the best loan for education? Help Please!!

You were denied because you have no income and no cosigner.

• ?

most likely you do not have at least 7 years of established credit with at least 3 years in your current job

federal student loans are limited... but you need to stay in those limits (and you really need to avoid loans in the first place)

you are only going to get private student loans if you have a creditworthy cosigner... age has nothing to do with it... work history, income, credit rating, debt to income ratio, years of working in current job, years of working in general, years of established credit