Acer Aspire one netbook to HDMI TV Black screen?

Have an Acer Aspire one netbook with 64-bit windows 7 on it. Trying to connect it to a TV but all I'm getting is a black screen. Yes I've done the win+P and used the extend option as well as duplicate I've done the Fn F7 to supposedly "cycle through" the display options I've also used the... show more Have an Acer Aspire one netbook with 64-bit windows 7 on it. Trying to connect it to a TV but all I'm getting is a black screen.

Yes I've done the win+P and used the extend option as well as duplicate
I've done the Fn F7 to supposedly "cycle through" the display options
I've also used the Fn+F5 to alternatively choose my projection style
I've also gone through the resolution settings and chose every definition scaling available for the TV

However, no matter what I've done, the black screen is consistent. I've looked for a solid 2 hours online and all I'm finding with answer is older XP models and people who don't know they have to actually Extend/duplicate the image onto the TV

The only thing I haven't done is re-downloading AMD catalyst to bring in all the settings that seem to be missing from the current one.

Are there any people out there who might have a suggestion to this? I've succeeded with my previous steps on other computers with this TV, but this little netbook is being a pain.
Update: Acer Aspire One 722 AMD based system with a AMD Radeon HD 6250 card in it.
1 answer 1