Replacing laptop parts?

Hi, i was wondering if i can replace stuff on my laptop, such as battery, processor, graphics card, etc. for better performance such as playing games. also, my friend suggest i should upgrade my hard drive to solid state, so will that be good?

i have a acer aspire v5-471p

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Manufacturer Intel

Speed 1.8 GHz

Number of Cores 4

Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Manufacturer Intel

Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Dedicated Memory 128 MB

Total Memory 1.8 GB

Memory 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

Service Pack 0

Size 64 Bit

Edition Basic

Display Maximum Resolution 1366 x 768

DVD MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C2Q

CD MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C2Q

Drive

Size 450.8 GB

Free 241.2 GB

are any of these parts replaceable and can be upgraded to a better one? thanks

Update:

i mean upgrade, not replace

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago

You won't be able to replace the CPU and GPU of the laptop which is the most important parts for performance. On a laptop, you are able to change -

Memory - As you've got 8GB memory already, this is probably the maximum you're going to get. 8GB is a nice size of memory anywho.

Battery - You are able to chance the battery but this won't increase performance one bit. (Make sure though that you've selected the performance option in the battery options for better performance).

Hard drive - Changing the hard drive to a SSD will increase loads times but not really overall performance.

If you want to play games, specially the current games. Buy yourself a desktop computer!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

its totally wasting of time. In market most affordable laptops are available with great updated system.

• David
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

Most laptop have CPU and GPU fixed to the motherboard, making it far more difficult (read impossible) to exchange them than in a desktop. RAM, battery and HDD are more readily exchangeable

But

Changing the battery won't make it faster,,

Changing the RAM - as you have 8GB RAM already you probably won't get much faster,

Replacing the HDD with SSD will make it boot faster but may not improve the gaming experience due to other constraints within the machine.

• 6 years ago

We'll if your going to upgrade you might aswell get a new laptop, by the time you've paid for it all it will be somewhere by a new laptop

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.