I wan to be a model but too short and not super-photogenic!?

Pright now, I'm 16 years old. I am 5'2. Most catwalk models are 5'9 or taller, and although I'm not full grown, I know I will be 5'6.5 at the tallest. I've been told I'm pretty before by quite a few people, and I know I'm definitely not the ugliest person on the planet, but I seem to only be attractive when I'm off camera. Posing just doesn't work. NOT photogenic here. It's not awful, but I'm never caught in the best ways. Do I even have a chance at being a model? I've always wanted to.

Favorite Answer

If it's your dream don't let things like that get in your way. I am a model and although I am 5' 10" I have a bunch of friends who are also models that are just as short as you. One of them is 16 and she is even 4'11"! I'm not photogenic either, but I've been studying posing videos on youtube and facial expression videos for models and it has really helped! You have to be serious about this, because it isn't an easy job. You are judged constantly and everyone is always looking at you.

That height requirement of 5' 9" or taller only applies to high fashion. If you live in a place like Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, ext. it really doesn't matter. What matters is how you carry yourself and if you are the right fit for the clothing line. You could also be a petite model and you can make big bucks.

Study hard and once you think you're ready get some head shots, look for local agencies in your area and try out. You probably won't succeed the first few times (neither did I despite my height) but sooner or later you will find an agency who thinks they can make you into someone who can live off of modeling. Also, if you plan to model in places that aren't high fashion you have to learn how to act. Models also do a lot of commercials and you have to be able to do more than one thing. Take some acting classes, work hard and it will pay off.

Here's some videos I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0xQ3AQZ8M

Youtube thumbnail

&list=WL&index=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmAuo6k-O50

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLCCQwqP1X2xNEiqqXwGwNqiXe7YDPvldi&index=5

(i'm not a pin up model, but the poses were still helpful)

• Possum

You can't wish yourself into being a model.

If it's your dream don't let things like that get in your way.

You cant be a model if you're not photogenic, much less under 5'7".

You can be a model because everyone is model material and everybody is beautiful. Societys definition of perfect has come too far and now all models spend 5 hours in hour and makeup and get size zero bodies photoshopped onto them.