Jason asked in SportsRunning · 7 years ago

My freshman PR for the 800m run is 2:06.87, is that a good time for a freshman?

Hi, I'm a freshman and my PR for the 800 is 2:09.84, is that a good time for a freshman?

THANKS!

MY PR 2:06, NOT 2:09 LOL

Favorite Answer

Kid if your PR is a 2:06 as a freshman you are onto a really good start. The fastest 800 ever run was a 1:40 by David Rudisha of Kenya. So If you can get your 800 time into the low 1:50's you should be winning most of your races.

Yes, that is a good time for a freshman. Most high school boy can win at around 2 flat, it is unusual to see the really good ones that are under 1:50.

Being honest with you. Not really.