What books do you reccomend?

Hey- just looking for a good book to read. I'm 16 so nothing overly complicated like Shakespeare say, but, no teenager books like Jacqueline Wilson. I'm pretty mature for my age and I like to challenge myself a little. I'm looking for a book that will either really touch me like a deep romance or a genuine sad/true story, or one that will get me thinking like a good thriller.

Favorite Answer

You just made a best friend, I love books. As a 17 yr old I get your need to read. So get ready:

Alpha Girl by Kate Bloomfield. Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. The Black Guard by C.R. Daems. Into That Forest by Louis Nowra. The Academy by C.L. Stone. Lovely Visious by Sara Wolf. Blue Violet by Abigail Owen. Jenny Pox by N/A. Dancing Days V.J. Chambers. Lost by ML Athan. Six Moon Summer by SM Reine. The Iron Butterfly by Channa Hahn. Open Minds by Susan Kaye. Caleo by James Crawlord. Alone by Robert J. Crane. Finding Obscurity by Emma Shades. Pretty Girl-13 by N/A. Struck by Jennifer Bosworth. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga. Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Crave by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz. Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

Do not let's some of these titles fool you. Some of this books were heart wrenchingly sad and some were so sweet and some action packed. And if need more? Girl you just look me up, I have have read more books then my whole school I swear.

I'd recommend The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

It has some good vocab in it, and is a very beautiful story. Also is a novel with a bit of thickness.

I love the maze runner series, its kind of a funny story, fangirl, everyday, the program series. they may not be very challenging but they are pretty damn good.

Olivetti Inception and Illumination

Source(s): www.tamiloreodimayo.com

It might be a little complex but for a romance I really like Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I also really like the book Finding Alice by Melody Carlson it's been a while since I read it I'm in my early 20's now but I think I read it when I was about your age maybe a little younger and I really enjoyed it. You might like a book called Petey by Ben Mikaelsen it made me cry a lot. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson and Catfish and Mandala by Andrew X. Pham are also good. Most of these are college level reads, but Finding Alice and Petey are a bit easier to read. I would say Pride and Prejudice would be the hardest since it is written in an older style of English but it's not as archaic as Shakespeare.