Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 7 years ago

are there any starbucks in israel?

i know there where starbucks in israel years ago and that they all closed

but i was wondering if there where maybe stores that reopened or that where planning on it

because i heard rumours about it and wanted to know if it was indeed just rumours

Starbucks is out of Israel and will never be back.

The reason is that Israel has plenty of great cafes serving high quality coffee and not the mediocre products of Starbucks. Also there is no demand in Israel for coffee served in giant buckets, or with such variations it is only loosely related to coffee. We also don't like drinking coffee from paper cups.

I will give Starbucks their pastries - you can get good pastries in some of the places in Israel but not all - I would recommend ArCafe. Aroma is the most popular chain here, but the smaller chains make much better products IMO.

Did it not change it's name to Star of David bucks all ready?

• LeKat!

Well, those rumours never reached me..so for the meantime there aren't any frappuccinos in Israel. However, we have our own leading coffee brand which also went global, by the name Aroma. Many of my American friends actually think the Aroma coffee is much better in taste than the Starbucks one. Although, in Starbucks defense one must mention their great branding and marketing capabilities!