Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Has anyone on here ever use google maps or mapquest for walking directions?

If so, Are any of these two sites reliable for walking routes? I'm planning on walking from Pennsylvania to California.

Favorite Answer

I used google earth.

I biked 30 miles once, and I walked about 12 miles once as well.

The average mph for their walking speed calculations is 3 mph and not changeable to my knowledge. My average walking speed its 2 mph (for multiple reasons I won't get into)

It's fairly reliable I don't see why it wouldn't be but sometimes they don't always show roads where you can walk because sometimes there are no roads where you can walk. You'll end up walking on grass or on the sides of the road(s). Or if the road is empty, then the road but not all the time.

wow walking?

I did for a short distance lol. I got lost as a freshman at my college campus and used google maps to help me find the correct buildings.