How can i safely look at a picture of the sun?

I KNOW I KNOW!! that to look at the sun can make you blind but what if i took a picture of the sun with my phone would it still ruin my eyes?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Look at the picture at night when the sun is sleeping.

• GeoffG
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

No looking at a picture wouldn't ruin your eyes, but TAKING a picture of the Sun with you phone would ruin your phone. The infrared and ultraviolet radiation from the Sun would permanently damage the camera in the phone, just as looking at the Sun would damage your eyes. Don't be stupid!

• 6 years ago

No.

A picture on your phone doesn't have either the brightness of the sun or the ultraviolet content of sunlight which can damage your eyes.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Wow. Its just amazing that kids today don't know about simple things that I learned by age 5.

No, looking at a picture of the sun won't hurt your eyes.

Taking a picture of the sun with your cellphone will probably fry the phone.

I am curious why suddenly there are a bunch of these ridiculous questions being posted - are kids today really that ignorant, or do they somehow thinks its a funny question?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

The picture is safe to look at but you may ruin your phone camera taking a picture of the Sun.

• 6 years ago

It won't ruin your eye but it might ruin the camera in your phone, because it is the camera looking at the (too bright) Sun, not your eye.

• 6 years ago

You might ruin your phone taking the picture, but you totally fail to understand the power of the direct sun on your retina - it burns the cells. Of course, there is not enough energy in a picture to burn anything. Work on not being like a troll - think through the question.

• 3 years ago

A Picture Of A Sun

• Sas
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

you will need a special camera in order to take a picture of the sun.

• 6 years ago

the picture will not rune your eyes. If you get a decent picture, your fine, but the effects of the sun will not happen in a picture.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.