- ?Lv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
1. No such requirement exists. In other words, the Senate and the House of Representative ("House") can introduce their own bills, even identified. For example:
- Class Action Fairness Act of 2005 is an act introduced at the Senate to reform class action lawsuits; and
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is an act introduced at the House that overhaul health insurance in the U.S. (known as Obamacare).
Bottom line, regardless which level the bills are introduced, their counterpart must also vote for the bills in order for the bills to be passed.
2. Only Senate has the authority to confirm. It will start from a Senate committee. Upon the committee's recommendation, the full Senate will vote for the nomination.
3. It will be a joint session for both the House and the Senate. However, it will be hosted at the House chamber (due to the size).
- Anonymous6 years ago
- Mr. MalibuLv 77 years ago
國情咨文是參眾議員同時參加. 所有提案及預算均由參眾兩院的委員會審查後提交大會投票. 原則上眾議院而後參議院但是偶爾參議院會先提案. 提案必須在第一個議場通過後才會交給第二個議場. 第二個議場必須通過第一個議場的版本, 否則修改後的版本必須送回另一個議場審議. 通過則交由歐巴馬簽屬, 否決或修訂必須再經過投票....