What do you think about the admission to the 9/11 museum?

I am a New Yorker and generally have no problem with admission fees at museums. I always pay the requested amount at optional fee locales. However, I heard that the fee at this new place is $24! I think that is out of line. I was not planning on going to this spectacle anyway, but a fee that size sealed it.
Update: edit: I am willing to pay the $25 they suggest at the Met or Natural History. That is what they request. I am not one to say pay a nickel because you can at some places. These are museums holding billions of dollars of art and artifacts. 9/11 I see more as a memorial. Plus the nature of it, I feel it is... show more edit: I am willing to pay the $25 they suggest at the Met or Natural History. That is what they request. I am not one to say pay a nickel because you can at some places. These are museums holding billions of dollars of art and artifacts. 9/11 I see more as a memorial. Plus the nature of it, I feel it is wrong to charge. Madame Tussaud's. That is a for profit place that is overpriced at any price in my estimation.
Update 2: The near by Holocaust Museum, actually Museum of Jewish Heritage, is larger, has a wider scope and is a relatively new thing and charges half that. I am not out of touch, just intelligent enough to consider costs.