USPS Stuck on " Origin Post is Preparing shipment?

Ok . I have another order from china and it has been saying This for the last couple of days .

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

-Processed Through Sort Facility, May 15, 2014, 12:20 am, BEIJING EMS, CHINA

-Acceptance, May 14, 2014, 5:47 pm, CHINA

Ok Does this mean that it hasn't been shipped from china yet or could it possibly be in The U.S. And just haven't got scanned

#Thankyou

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lily
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Just because it's been processed through the Beijing sort facility, it does not necessarily mean the parcel has been shipped already. It might actually take another couple of days to get on a plane. Once it gets on a plane, the answers of Hugo90 and Strangely Familiar will apply.

Source(s): Imported millions of pieces from China over the years, by sea and air.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Your package has been shipped but it may take several days for your package to clear customs. Once it clears customs, the tracking number should update from the entry point. Usps doesn't provide the greatest tracking like FedEx or ups. Basically the ship notice and delivery confirmation. Everything else in between pretty much is at the mercy of the postal gods.

Source(s): I've had several items shipped via DHL global mail (usps international postal partner) and the shipping estimate is any where from 10 to 14 business days and like I said, tracking updates are few and far between but the package IS en route
  • Hugo90
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Your anticipation of delivery is premature. Don't expect to see your parcel for at least a week. Mail from one country to another travels through a lot of places before it gets to its final destination. Watching tracking will be frustrating because it likely won't show anything new until it has cleared CustomsInpection. Things are happening, but tracking data is not being gathered because it is not in the worldwide postal system at this point.

Source(s): Retired USPS
  • 6 years ago

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" this is great idea of ISC NY USPS for customers that wait for their parcels but USPS has big delays and want to avoid numbers of calls from customer with questions about their parcels. It if very often in my origin country the status is that the parcel left country but in USPS after 2 weeks the satus still is ""Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" - so where is the parcel ? in the air ? two weeks or more ? (it may be possible only if parcels are not air mailed)

the true status is "Processed Through Sort Facility" - location NY.

That situation is a normal before holidays time.

Very interesting is also that the status may be changched to from "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" to "Delivered" one day.

or the parcel is delivered (inform crom customer) but the status is still "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

can someone one help me with Origin Post is Preparing Shipment how long will it take and it says this We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.