USPS " Depart USPS Sort Facility" in my city?

Ok . So I Have a package that I'm expecting and I just wanted to know what this means

It states

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, May 15, 2014, 10:53 am, AMARILLO, TX 79120

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, May 15, 2014, 7:36 am, LUBBOCK, TX 79402

-Inbound Out of Customs, May 14, 2014, 11:01 am

-Processed through USPS Sort Facility, May 14, 2014, 11:00 am, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128

-Processed Through Sort Facility, May 14, 2014, 3:48 am, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

-Inbound Into Customs

-Processed Through Sort Facility, May 13, 2014, 1:05 am, BEIJING EMS, CHINA

-Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

-Acceptance, May 12, 2014, 6:22 pm, CHINA

Its in my home city it updated yesterday saying depart usps sort facility .. I thought today that it would update to " out for delivery

Is there a chance that usps just missed a scan or what ?

Thank you !

• Lily
    Favorite Answer

There is a sort facility in Amarillo that mail has to go through to be sorted out to the local post office. After it leaves the sort facility, it is sent by truck to each local post office. If it arrives very early in the morning, in time to be sorted out to the carrier routes, you could get it the same day. However, if it arrives after the carriers leave to make their rounds, then you won't get it until the next day.

(You really have nothing to complain about. 4 or 5 days from China to Amarillo is super-super fast!!)

Usps Amarillo Tx

• Hugo90

You should get it on Friday. Tracking is not the last word. Your Letter Carrier should have your package now.

Source(s): Retired USPS