Opinions on the founding of the United States?

well just had a debate so wondering what y'all think. What do you believe the founding fathers wanted for the United States? Do you believe it was brought about as a way to celebrate Christianity without judgement or do you believe otherwise? Lemme know, and do not bash me or others, I will report you!

Favorite Answer

It depends on what you mean by the founding of the United States. There were originally many colonies, some of which were established for religious freedon (ie. Pennsylvania) and others that were established for trade or commercial reasons. If you mean the actual founding of the centralized government that became the United States, in 1776, then you should read the Declaration of independence. the founding is for the establishemnt of a centralized government that banded together all the colonies in a treaty of self-determination with mutual assistance in need of defense. Not religion, but strength thru unity. They did have a centralized beleif in Christianity, as shown by references to God, but many of the early politically powerful were not Christians, some being Jews, others Athiests.

• Thanks, and honestly this is how I believe it as well. Though the guy I as arguing with believed otherwise. To those Of you who don't agree I am sorry, everyone is entitled to believe their own way. Thanks for answering, all of you.

• alan

NO almost all who created this Country Zionists, It common knowledge if you do any research into History, Oh and you r a lit turd Now report me, WTF is up with that,

We all no the main reasons why colonists struck out for America, In the forming of the first Government It had nothing to do with religion, It couldn,t. Religion is baised at best, Give the individuals colonies the freedom to worship as they saw fit was the purpose of the original foundings, With this said the Government Could Not make a religious stand,It was generic in its practice, We agree with your rights. But we can not as a governing enity take a stand on religious freedoms. we will stand behind you in your beliefs, But we can not our selves be a religious enity. Thus the seperation of Church and State.

Unlike you, I think it was a good idea.

• I would have total disregard for the founding fathers. Instead, I would look towards the native Americans and ask them what their vision of the U.S. would be.