How do you type?

Im Very curious I need step by step precise instructions please

Favorite Answer

Thats pretty sad. but here, anyways-

Place your fingers in the home position. The home position is the position in which your fingers will rest while typing. No matter what part of the keyboard you're using, your fingers will always come back to rest in this position.

Place your right index finger on the "J" key and let the other three fingers fall naturally onto the "K", "L" and ";" keys. Place your left index finger on the "F" key and let the other 3 finger fall naturally onto the "D", "S", and "A" keys.

You should feel a raised bump on both the "F" and "J" keys. This will allow your fingers to find the home position without having to look at the keyboard.

Type each key from left to right. Type each letter covered by the fingers in the home position, going from left to right: a s d f j k l ;. You shouldn't have to move your fingers from their positions, just press the keys that they are resting on.

Repeat, but this time capitalize. Do the same thing again, but this time in capital letters: A S D F J K L ;. Use the shift key to capitalize, rather than caps lock. Push the shift key by moving only your pinkie and pressing and holding it while pushing the desired letter with your other hand.

In other words, when the letter you would like capitalized is typed with your left hand, you press the right shift key with your right pinkie.

When the letter you would like capitalized is typed with your right hand, you press the left shift key with your left pinkie.

Become familiar with the rest of the alphabet. Learn where each letter is positioned on the keyboard and match the correct finger to the key as positioned.

"q" "a" and "z" are typed with the pinkie of your left hand, and your pinkie also presses the tab, caps lock, and shift button.

"w" "s" and "x" are typed with the ring finger of your left hand.

"e" "d" and "c" are typed with the middle finger of your left hand.

"r" "f" "v" "b" "g" and "t" are typed with the index finger of your left hand.

Your thumb should never leave the space bar.

"u" "j" "n" "m" "h" and "y" are typed with your index finger of your right hand.

"i" "k" and the button that has a "," and a "<" on it are typed with the middle finger of your right hand.

"o" "l" and the button that reads ">" and "." will be typed with your ring finger of the right hand.

Your pinkie of your right hand is used for typing: "p", ";", ":", "'", """ (a quotation mark), "/", "?", "[", "{", "]", "}", "\", "|", and is used for pressing the shift, enter, and backspace keys.

Type your first sentence. Starting from the home position, type: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog". This sentence contains every letter in the alphabet, so it's a perfect sentence for practicing the correct finger positioning.

Type the sentence over and over, watching your fingers to make sure they go to the right keys and return to home position.

Once you begin to feel comfortable with the way your fingers are moving, try to look at the screen while you type, rather than looking at the keyboard. This is known as touch typing.

I really don't care how I type at my age of 77 years old. I did take typing for 4 years. Up until about 10 years ago I could type up to 110 wpm. Now that I am older I am down to about

80 wpm. awesome in the answer above is telling you right.

So just do as you see.

Source(s): Computer Technician