How can we change our Yahoo Profile picture (2014)?
Up until today, I still had my old Yahoo! Avatars image as my profile pic, even though Yahoo! Avatars site is dead.
I wanted to change my profile pic to something else, so I went to this page https://profile.yahoo.com to change it and I tried clicking on the "no picture" choice, which reverted my profile pic into the default silhouette icon, but that's not what I wanted.
I'd like to upload an image of my own to use as my profile pic.
contains instructions on how to do it...
But the instructions do not work!
We're supposed to be able to upload a profile picture here: https://profile.yahoo.com
But there's no UPLOAD link anywhere!
When I click on the profile image in the center of the page, there are three choices
1) A "No Photo" choice, that changes the picture into the default blank white silhouette against a gray background.
2) A Facebook connection link, which I don't want to use, because I don't want my Facebook profile pic as my Yahoo pic.
3) A very very old custom profile image that I uploaded to Yahoo ages ago that I don't want to use. I'd like to replace this pic with something else, but I can't find the option to do so anywhere. Yahoo's site format has changed dramatically since I uploaded that pic years ago - whatever method I used to upload it before no longer seems available.
- Anonymous6 years agoFavorite Answer
Unfortunately the only way to add a new image is by linking your Facebook to your Yahoo - which is not advised if you like to keep your Facebook page private..
- "Speedy"Lv 45 years ago
Some computer hacker should just shut this piece of **** site down permanently. I am sick of Yahoo taking away the features that actually made it good. Yahoo is sabotaging itself. I DO NOT EVEN HAVE A ******* PICTURE ANYMORE!!!!!
- BadgerLv 55 years ago
SinDelle Morte's fix works. It wouldn't let me upload on firefox, but worked on IE. Go figure
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 years ago
Be very careful you guys. These sites, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.. etc... are information collecting sites. Set up under the guise of 'social networking services'. They are used to collect information on you.
Take care. You have been warned.
- Anonymous5 years ago
Doesn't work in Firefox or Safari, yet it works for IE? What is this madness? Where is the logic?
- 5 years ago
No right answers yet so far. Yahoo did nor answer
- 5 years ago
I use myyahoo as my home page and wanted to update my photo (the one to the left). But I also do not want to link my account to Facebook.
How disappointing that something so simple cannot be accomplished. Replace a photo! If anyone knows of a solution, please post it. Thanks.
- ☠SinDelle Morte☠Lv 56 years ago
It only works on certain browsers. I could not get it to work on Chrome but it worked on IE.
- 6 years ago
WTH! I even linked my Facebook and it didn't change.