Can someone give me some refreshing K Dramas here?

I really like romcom K Dramas but I've seen a lot and I'm sick of the pattern.

1) How bout one where the secondary character gets the guy/girl?

2) Maybe one without a rich guy and just regular folk? (Not overly glamorous characters 'cause looks aren't the only thing.)

3) Is it too much to ask for one where the protagonists don't hate each other at first and its still interesting?

(We don't live in a world where girls fall in love with jerks when there's a guy pouring his heart out to you.Unless you believe the girls like assholes thing, cause anyone watch a romance k drama is sure to believe that.)

I think these are fair requests. (But if its too much to ask I'll just lower my standards and take suggestions with hot leads. I can live peacefully with that I guess.)

maybe a nice school drama

but i swear if i get some cross dressing ****

Favorite Answer

Its a little tough, since all K-drama I've watched basically have the same love cicle, but I think "Marry Him if You Dare" fits your description. I haven't finish watching it, but so far it's pretty interesting and it seems like she will not end up with the primary guy. It's about a girl who is visited by a woman who is her future self. The future her tries to stop the present her from marrying a certain guy because he will be trouble in the future.

Although you might have seen most of these and they don't fit your description, I still recommend them.

Goong/Princess Hour

Lead Actors - Yoon Eun-hye and Ju Ji-hoon

A normal high school girl becomes engaged to the modern day crown prince of Korea. She must learn to become a crown princess while trying to withstand the arrogance and neglect of the royal family. This was a sweet (sometimes frustrating) series. It was pretty good, made me angry at times, but I don’t regret watching it.

My Princess

Lead Actors - Kim Tae-hee and Song Seung-hun

Lee Seol is an ordinary girl who turns out to be a princess. Park Hae-young is the son of an important group and is put in charge of teaching the new princess proper etiquette. The only problem is that his grandfather is giving everything he owns to the royal family, so the princess is the one taking his inheritance away. This is a good story.

Invincible Lee Pyung Kang/Taming of the Heir*

Lead Actors – Nam Sang-mi and Ji Hyun-woo

Lee Pyung-kang tries to support her family after her father’s death. She works at the resort where her father designed the golf course. She meets Ohn Dal, the owner’s troublemaking son. This had some side historical mini stories that I thought were pretty good. It really was a fun series to watch. Also, Ji Hyun-woo’s acting took me a bit by surprise since it’s very different from Queen In Hyun’s Man.

Haeundae Lovers*

Lead Actors - Kim Kang-woo and Jo Yeo-jeong

Lee Tae-sung is a prosecutor whose main goal in life is to catch criminals and gangsters. He takes on a case where he ends up following a suspect to Busan. He hides his identity and ends up living in the home of an organized crime ring boss, his three subordinates and his daughter, Go So-ra. This was a really good series! After a while, I was really addicted to this series. It’s funny, romantic and captivating. I really recommend this one!

Queen In Hyun’s Man*

Lead Actors - Ji Hyun-woo and Yoo In-na

Kim Bung-do (from the past) is a supporter of Queen In-hyun and is trying to find a way to have her return to the palace. Modern day, Choi Hae-jin is an unsuccessful actress who landed a part in a new series as Queen In-hyun. She meets Bung-do who is able to go to the future due to a mysterious talisman he received. This was a nice, funny story. I enjoyed watching it.

Secret Agent Miss Oh

Lead Actors – Lee Soo Kyung and Kim Sang-Kyung

Oh Ha-Na is a unpredictable police woman who ends up working for the NIS (National Intelligence Agency), with perfectionist Ko Jin-Hyeok, after a series of misunderstandings causes Jin-Hyeok to miss his big opportunity of catching a big criminal. This was a good series. It was pretty funny at times.

The King 2 Hearts*

Lead Actors - Ha Ji-won and Lee Seung-gi

The carefree, immature, spoiled prince of South Korea falls for a strong, simple North Korean assassin. The prince must find out who wants to hurt the royal family and dethrone the South Korean king. This was a really good series. It had me pretty addicted especially since it had a battle-of-wits type of story combined with some action, romance, and comedy.

Panda and Hedgehog*

Lead Actors - Lee Donghae and Yoon Seung-ah

Sweet and kind Pan-Da owns a small cake shop and is in need of a new baker to keep her shop from going bankrupt. She meets Go Seung-ji, whose name sounds like Hedgehog in Korean, a prickly character that is an excellent patisserie/baker. They team up to compete against one of the greatest cake shops in the nation. This is the cutest, most adorable, funny series I’ve seen so far. Panda and Hedgehog are one of the greatest K-Drama couples (in my opinion).

Arang and the Magistrate*

Lead Actors - Lee Joon-gi and Shin Min-ah

A ghost girl, named Arang, makes a nobleman become the magistrate of a small town so that he may help her remember how she died. The nobleman is able to see ghosts but does not like to be involved with them. He doesn’t like to help others at all. This was a sweet, cute story with a lot of mystery surrounding the death of the girl.

The Greatest Love*

Lead Actors - Cha Seung-won and Gong Hyo-jin

Famous Actor Dokko Jin is a beloved actor in the nation but has a very nasty and arrogant personality. Gu Ae-jung is an ex-star who, after the separation of her singing girl group (The National Treasure Girls), became highly unpopular and disliked. After accidently hearing a secret from Dokko Jin, she reveals it on national tv and makes him very angry. After a few encounters, Dokko Jin later on believes he has fallen for Gu Ae-jung, because every time he hears her National Treasure Girls song his heart beats faster. I thought this was a very funny and cute story. It’s worth watching.

Protect the Boss

Lead Actors - Choi Kang-hee and Ji Sung

Ex-thug girl starts to work as a secretary for a troublemaking, socially awkward guy that has no interest in his work. I thought it was a sweet drama and it had some funny parts in it too. My favorite characters were definitely the boss’s father and his father’s secretary. They were pretty goofy and fun to watch. They made a good team.

The Great Doctor/Faith*

Lead Actors - Lee Min-ho and Kim Hee-sun

Choi Young, a bodyguard from the past, is told to bring a doctor from an opening to ‘heaven’. He kidnaps Yoo Eun-soo, a doctor from the future, who he believes is from heaven. This was a really interesting series. It had action, romance, comedy, and suspense.

Rooftop Prince*

Lead Actors - Park Yoochun and Han Ji-min

One of my favorite dramas! A prince from the past somehow ends up in the future with 3 of his “inspectors” who were searching for the one who murdered his crown princess in the past. They meet with Park-ha, a girl who lost her father and childhood memories. After many years Park-ha finally meets up with her stepmother and spiteful stepsister. Her sister happens to look exactly like the prince’s crown princess. This is a hilarious, fun drama that had me crying, laughing, disliking, and having a mix of emotions throughout the series. Lee Min Ho appears as one of the prince’s ‘inspectors’ along with Jung Suk-won and Choi Woo-shik.

Hope you find one you like! Enjoy!